But I thought we were going to get a better coach?

NEO

Eat at Joe's
Because Pearl was nothing special and we had the money and the new facilities and we were a great basketball program before Pearl got here.

I mean, Pearl was garbage. Trash. He only got us to the number one spot, back to back sweet sixteens, and the Elite 8 for the very first time in our basketball history.

Aren't we all glad that piece of trash is gone now?

Is everyone on that long list of Pearl haters happy now?

Is this the great coach you expected to walk through the doors?

Because it isn't. The great coach left. He was just fired.

Because Pearl was nothing special and we had the money and the new facilities and we were a great basketball program before Pearl got here.

I mean, Pearl was garbage. Trash. He only got us to the number one spot, back to back sweet sixteens, and the Elite 8 for the very first time in our basketball history.

.....the "great coach" slit his own throat.

You must really hate your life. Why are you always so negative?

P.S. I know you make a boat load of money and own your own call center.

I thought a coach that got us investigated by the NCAA and possibly committed major violations was fired, for continuing to break the rules into this month.

We hired on who hasn't helped level the AA crosshairs on us. We fired the guy who did.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Even if we didn't fire pear he wouldn't have been able to coach anyways...mights as well let it go..

Pearl was the one who elevated the program so we could hire an amazing coach! Guess Hamilton didn't get the hatvol96 memo. If this unproven commodity drives our program into the ground, we just wasted this huge opportunity and are back to square one.

I thought a coach that got us investigated by the NCAA and possibly committed major violations was fired, for continuing to break the rules into this month.

Who cares, dude? We were #1 in the country for 36 hours back in 2008.

Are some of the posters in this thread going to follow Pearl (provided he gets another job) to his new locale?

Yeah we should have just stuck with Pearl and gotten destroyed by a two year show-cause and scholarship reduction. Would have been much better...

I guarantee a good bit of the fanbase feels like the OP, and it saddens/sickens me. Stop calling yourself a fan of the Tennessee Volunteers, please.

I liked Coach Pearl and supported Him down to the end but do you really think that the things written on this board brought on his down fall.

His own decisions brought down the house on him, as for the new coach .... I am in shock but the jury is still out :salute:

Some colleges would have dealt with the situation and moved on.

Ours hung the guy out to dry.

He deserved a second chance.

95% of us loved Pearl.....but he fired himself dude.....sorry that you're to stupid to see that. Pearl isn't bigger than the program man.....he did all this to himself and he has 2 years to sit around and think about it now.

After the initial shock of the hire, I'm excited about him....Hedefinitely has better character than Pearl....I'm backing him....Let's do this Cuonzo...Go Vols!

How does op know who the better coach is? Martin hasn't coached a game here yet.

Some colleges would have dealt with the situation and moved on.

Ours hung the guy out to dry.

He deserved a second chance.

Could you give an example of some colleges that have "dealt with the situation and moved on?"

VN Store

Back