If he keeps Harris and Hopson, Then Awesome.

I am in shock.... thought everyone was posting how we were in on some big name coaches and to just trust the system.... come on

Impossible, the expert Doc already started a thread saying they're gone. Sorry too late.

if he does then he's gonna be a good recruiter... if we dont hire someone who can recruit the elite of memphis then we will never be great... esp with calipari and ky on a roll that will not end anytime soon... ky is back unfortunately and we will be the recipient of many future drubbings, although we will beat them in the sport that counts

My predicition, take it for what it is or isn't.

Harris will do well for scouts, and go in the draft with Sullinger staying at Ohio St.
Hopson will stay, because the scouts will laugh at him when he pouts.
Ware will stay and Jones will peace out.

All in all, I think the Martin is an ok hire, but given what the fans are looking for this will be considered a bust. With an average team next season, and a coaching change UT will make the NIT, and will recruit poorly.

Harris is good as gone. I don't blame him either. Hopson, on the other hand, would be an idiot to leave. Not too many NBA teams looking for a streaky SG. He would be a mid-2nd round pick at best.

I don't think that Harris is necessarily gone. He is a very intelligent young man and not one who will jump the gun on anything. He will give Coach Martin a chance to talk to him and spell out what he hopes to accomplish and in the end if he is not a high first round pick, I believe he will stay.

VN Store

Back