I think this hire....

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
Has more to do with the possbile sanctions, and the uncertainty of Hamilton's future. Even with money, I'm sure the thought of the possible cess pool that Pearl left behind, didn't exactly go down well with most people we interviewed. I'm most definitely willing to give the guy a chance to see what he can do, mostly because I know whoever was hired was going to be put behind the 8-ball from the get go. Hopefully he can weather the storm, and he will stick around if he does well.

I disagree.

It was a factor, but not a high percentage of the process or a reflection on the coach.

The AD really like Martin and think they have found UT's coach of the future.

I disagree.

It was a factor, but not a high percentage of the process or a reflection on the coach.

The AD really like Martin and think they have found UT's coach of the future.

I really hope this is the case. Either way, he's got my 100% support.

I really hope this is the case. Either way, he's got my 100% support.

I know he will. I wish the rest of Volnation would get behind him and welcome him.

Because in a few years they are going to be hoping and pleading that he doesn't leave.

I wish he had some eligibility left... 40% behind the arc and 80% at the line we could use! I mean, an actual basketball player as coach. Who'da thunk?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I know he will. I wish the rest of Volnation would get behind him and welcome him.

Because in a few years they are going to be hoping and pleading that he doesn't leave.

You know I will defer to you in this instance, just because I don't know that much or really anything about him. If you, hat, and others say good hire, then I'm fine with it.

I like the hire. But at the same time, stay guarded. If he has success and Matt Painter leaves or gets canned at Purdue......don't be surprised if Martin's name comes up for the Purdue job. History shows that coaches like to go home.

I like the hire. But at the same time, stay guarded. If he has success and Matt Painter leaves or gets canned at Purdue......don't be surprised if Martin's name comes up for the Purdue job. History shows that coaches like to go home.

Dude, the guy hasn't even coached a practice and you are already worried about him leaving? :wacko:

I like the fact that he is a young coach who seems very passionate about what he does. My only question is (and it would be my question no matter who we hired) can he recruit? Is his personality one that is going to bring in the top level prospects so that we are able to compete year in and year out? I hope so because I really want him to succeed and Tennessee basketball stay at the level that we have been for the past six years under CBP

Dude, the guy hasn't even coached a practice and you are already worried about him leaving? :wacko:

Its a trend in college basketball....keep it in the back our minds.

Bob Huggins left K-State after 1 year to go back to his alma mater. Mike Anderson recently left Mizzou to go back to where he won a National Championship as an assistant and a place he calls "home" even though he is from Alabama.

I can't hate the guy, I mean it's not his fault he just won the lottery! I will support Coach Martin.. not Mike Hamilton...

TIFWIW...i've been talking to a lot of purdue alum/fans tonight and all seem to think this is a great hire. To a few of your points...most of them want him at Purdue if Painter ends up leaving. On the recruiting topic..evidently he was one of Purdue's best recruiters while he was there. So purdue fans seem to be very high on this guy.

The ironic thing is...i went to IU. I am a knoxville native..have loved the vols since i could walk. But moved to Indiana during grade school and ended up going to IU. So in addition to vols basketball...I do love IU basketball. (neither compares to vols football...imo) What I'm trying to say is...I've always hated Purdue with a passion. Much like Florida and Alabama. So the fact that we hired a purdue guy is weird (in addition to chaney obviously)...and the fact that I'm glad purdue peope like this guy...is weird.

Last edited:
So you are blaming the potentially unsuccessful tenure of CCM on CBP? convenient. I guess we should get used to this drivel from you and the other hat minions.

I think it is time for MH to go, he might turn out to be a great coach, but way too early to settle for a "might be great". I think Kiffin scared him from hiring a big name coach.

VN Store

Back