Missouri State fans on the hire

volwarrior33

He is competitve as hell. No nonsense and a players coach. He is perfect coming off the Pearl years.

you will never see him yell at a ref

He's no nonsense all basketball. Not a Bruce Pearl, Hes passionate but not a cheerleader.

I think he will do well at Tennessee. He won't put up with any punks or troublemakers. Period.

Every single one was pissed he was leaving. A few of them even said they won't keep their season tickets now that he's gone (where have we seen that before?)

Every single one was pissed he was leaving. A few of them even said they won't keep their season tickets now that he's gone (where have we seen that before?)

They can go live in misery with the losers from this board. Maybe Pearl will take in his disciples. Hear the BBQ is excellent and kosher at that.

Thanks for that... glad to see someone who is speaking AFTER they look the guy up a little bit. Keep up the great threads VW33.

Considering the situation with the NCAA and Hammy basically walking the plank, this is a good hire, IMO.

Time will tell now ... NBA experience and actually played in the NCAA tournament ... if he can recruit and coach then the Vols might actually be in good hands. If Tennessee went two years ago and hired Stevens or Smart then everyone would say we were crazy.

I hate this hire only for my alma mater which is Missouri State...as they will be searching for another coach.

I like this hire for my childhood team ....The Vols....as I have watched many of MO State(not Mizzou St). He coaches his team up, makes adjustments and his players absolutely love him. Witnessing what he did in three years when the cupboard was very bare at MO State when he took over, showed most MO State fans that he would soon be a hot commodity ----just like Steve Alford was when then (SW MO State) made a run in the NCAA tourney (1999).

He's got a Gene Keady feel to him....you BETTER play defense and you BETTER not get in trouble or you WON'T be playing ball at UT.

I was really shocked about this hire as was 90% of VN, but after reading up on him and seeing these comments from MO State fans, I'm confident and optimist with this hire. He seems like a good fit for the job. Coming from Gene Keady's coaching tree and seeing all those who were from Keady gives me some hope. I'm glad he's young and is coming off of a good NIT run.

GBO :hi:

I may have been dumb the last time we hired a basketball coach but,when they named Bruce Pearl,I said to myself another bad hire.We are UT,we have to give credit to our guys doing the hiring.You have to believe that they kinda know what they are doing?They did the last time........well except for that last football coach

I don't very seriously we could have gotten anyone better than Martin for this job. Let's all give him his chance. Remember, these first couple of years will be rocky. This hire has CDD written all over it

Havent read a single negative thing about him. I like the hire

its not about that. I wanted a home run hire after the Pearl fiasco. Someone who is proven. You think there will be 20k at TBA everynight? Hell no. He might turn out to be a good coach but i have my reservations
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back