The Overwhelmingly Negative Response on This Board

BigPapaVol

Wave yo hands in the aiya
Tells me that our fans know names and media drivel much better than they do basketball.

Not surprising. Savages. I for one am excited. He's given me no reason not to be yet.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It is just the intial knee-jerk-shockwave. His name wasn't even getting thrown around.
Understandable.

I am excited. I wanted Frank more than anyone, but I'm pleased with this hire more than the other names that were being thrown around. Looking forward to the press conference and getting to know him better.

What's your opinion of the hire BP?

I actually like the hire relative to some of the names we were throwing around. I think he'll recruit well and he will not be walked over in practice by players. I don't know enough about game execution to really comment, but his teams appear to play D and with heart. Those two are the ones you can't play without.

sorry, but 61-41 at missouri st is all i need to know. they took the cheap rout and thats a fact.

He made a 15 win improvement in his tenure there. He's definitely not the worst hire for UT. Not the best, either, but I'm becoming more and more fine with it.

I actually like the hire relative to some of the names we were throwing around. I think he'll recruit well and he will not be walked over in practice by players. I don't know enough about game execution to really comment, but his teams appear to play D and with heart. Those two are the ones you can't play without.

I do like the fact his team improved considerably over 3 years.

sorry, but 61-41 at missouri st is all i need to know. they took the cheap rout and thats a fact.

Look at it season by season, and get back to me. You aren't looking at anything in context. Coach K isn't going to win 20 games a year with a bottom tier team with no talent.

I am excited. I wanted Frank more than anyone, but I'm pleased with this hire more than the other names that were being thrown around. Looking forward to the press conference and getting to know him better.

Fair assessment!!!

VN Store

Back