Hat/LawVol

They correctly reported all along that it was going to be Marshall.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wouldn't have been in my first tier of candidates. That said, I'm alright with it. Good pedigree, solid recruiting ties.

Cuonzo Martin was about to be the Missouri Tigers next coach. We stole him from them.

Martin has some big recruits that he is in on and is said to be a tireless recruiter and coaches with a lot of energy.

Any idea what kind of staff he will put together?
I'd think he'll bring at least one coach with him, add an experienced assistant(possibly with head coaching experience), and hire a young recruiter type with ties to the southeast.

I certainly like the way he improved Missouri State during his time there winning the MVC this year. This obviously kind of came out of nowhere, but I'm certainly willing to be patient with him and give him a chance.

While I disagree with them sometimes, I must admit that I too find Hat and Law to be very credible when considering the opinions of people on this board.

I'd think he'll bring at least one coach with him, add an experienced assistant(possibly with head coaching experience), and hire a young recruiter type with ties to the southeast.

Is he a good x's and o's coach? That's my question.

You are such a tool for starting a thread to get their thoughts. Is no one capable enough to formulate their own opinions without the "wisdom" of law and hat? Pathetic.

Hey, some folks don't follow NCAA basketball as a whole. Hat does, I'm up for getting his opinion. emain does too, I want to know what he thinks. I understand the limits of my own information.

I don't like the hire, but I guess we'll see where he takes us. By this hire, it seems likely that the 'AA is still going to drop the hammer, or at least it seems that way.

I'm skeptical of the hire. I preferred Marshall, Frank or some mid-major with a proven success record, like Pearl had. He did very well with Missouri State and Keady always had fairly solid teams. However, I also thought Keady's teams underachieved and he was never able to break through.

So, I'm not as thrilled as I was when Pearl was hired and this seems like a safe pick. However, I'll give him the Dooley Treatment and wait to see what I can about the guy. I have liked Dooley thus far, so maybe we'll get the same from Martin.

Hat knows more about basketball than I do and probably 90% of the folks on this board. I'd rather get a level-headed opinion of someone like him than wade through 20 threads of the end of the world is near, down with Tennessee, let's trash someone we know nothing about because he is not a big name nonsense being spewed right now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I certainly like the way he improved Missouri State during his time there winning the MVC this year. This obviously kind of came out of nowhere, but I'm certainly willing to be patient with him and give him a chance.

I agree with this outlook.

Has a mattress been set on fire yet?

I honestly don't know what to think about this, other than see where it goes. I don't know too much about him, turned around Missouri State.

That being said, either no one wanted to come here, or our A. Department got in a hurry.

Ok, this is the same crowd that was down on Shaka Smart right? I agreed with the analysis: limited sample size. And yet, now we're pleased with a hire whose sample side is just as limited and whose success is less?

I'm not really "Wow this guy is awful" surprised, it's more of a "Wow of the 361 names we heard in the past week, I don't remember hearing his once" surprised.

VN Store

Back