Cuonzo Martin... official release

Are you kiddin' me? 61-41 with three years of HC experience AT MISSOURI STATE! That's what UT can hire?

EPIC fail.

well, I guess that is a huge splash.....

even small things make huge splashes in small ponds....I was just hoping that hamilton hadnt made UT such a small pond in such a short time, I know we couldve done better if UT would be willing to pay a top name coach top dollars to be here....hamilton has been/will be nothing but a disappointment

We took him away from Missouri, as they were about to grab him if Painter fell through.

I think every one was saying who the heck is Derrick Dooley when he got hired. But i see what everyone is saying. Middle of the pack. Kentucky pays Cal like 3 or 4 million a year, and going to final 4 and has the top ranked class next year. Guess we are not gonna scare the wildcats anytime soon.

We took him away from Missouri, as they were about to grab him if Painter fell through.

Do you not think that if he thought he was going to get the Mizzou job (being as close to where he already is at MState), he wouldn't have jumped at our job?

I call BS on the Mizzou job being his.

Are you kiddin' me? 61-41 with three years of HC experience AT MISSOURI STATE! That's what UT can hire?

EPIC fail.

How about 50-21 in his last two seasons? Half of those losses came in his first season as coach there. Maybe you could also consider his 36-3 record at home over the past two seasons?

Look at the progression and not the stats.

See, when you say something misguided like this, it's because you are assuming he had Tennessee or SEC caliber talent. However, that is not the case. He had virtually nothing in his first year, and he was pretty on par with the rest of his conference his last 2 years, so for him to have a winning record, isn't bad.

EPIC fail.

:hi:if we had got him out of the wal-mart toy section we could take him back.:eek:lol: Seriously what happened to Frank. He must have wanted $3000. more per year or something I don't know.:cray::cray:

Martin was part of two of those state titles at Lincoln, with Ellis in 1988 and without him in 1989. The team finished third in the state tournament in 1990. Martin had every intention of accepting a scholarship from the University of Illinois, the only school he was considering. But when the Deon Thomas recruiting controversy made headlines in the summer of 1990, it appeared Illinois would be penalized.

Martin spent a year in college prep school and went to Purdue instead. It proved to be another character-molding episode. Purdue coach Gene Keady turned him from a dominating 6-6 forward in high school into a guard/forward swingman. He made Martin learn to handle the ball, to extend his jump shot, to play defense.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/article_a42f91ed-964e-5cda-8cfd-21f8632bee26.html

Interesting how our 2 recent HC's now have ties to that situation.

VN Store

Back