Stever Fisher?

Orange to the Bay

I'm surprised that there is no talk, or speculation of interest in this guy. For these reasons:

-all the trouble at UofM was b/w a Detroit kingpin & his Detroit street players. He never actually committed any violations or infractions. It was all extracurricular by the players that downed the program.
-He has done nothing in his career other than very very good recruiting & winning. He can flat out coach. & despite being old, he's getting guys that could be playing at UCLA riding the pines for a year or so, & getting them to come to SDSU to develop their games.
-He's at a mid-major right now & would talk to a major program about a job. No doubt.

I'm not saying he's the only guy we shoudl talk to, but Steve Fisher is a proven entity. I'm just surprised there's not talk of getting him.

not+sure+if+serious.jpg

Come on. He's old, but not that old. He defrays the gray hair with stylish glasses, though. Jk.

But, when you lead a mid-major to a 2 seed, don't you think that should get some looks?

Roy Williams is old. Hypothetically speaking, you guys saying you wouldn't take him? So is Calhoun. There's more I"m sure, but those are a few that are currently leading their elite teams with elite recruits in the tourney. Just sayin'.

Put the bottle down. Hire a young coach like Stevens from Butler. Then we will be in great shape. Fisher, you gotta be kidding.

I don't disagree with you guys. At all. In fact, I just updated my facebook status to "Crap. Now Stevens is off the market for UT for another week." after the Butler win. So, I'm objective. I think we should throw >2M at Stevens. I'm just saying...to not look at Fisher seems crazy. He basically took a bunch of 0* (exception of Leonard & a couple others), & made them into a 2 seed. (Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2010 San Diego St. Commitments).

What do you think he'd do with a 4*'s he'd have access to at a major program?

Roy Williams is 60.

Steve Fisher is 66.

I didn't realize Fisher was only 66. I was thinking 70s. He could legitimately have another 5-10 years in him. And that's an okay period of time for which to hire a coach, if he's good enough. And Fisher is good enough. I wouldn't complain.

A little too old. If he was under 55 I'd be good with it

He's not leaving San Diego for anywhere else. Gonna coach a couple more years then retire anyway
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Take out the Fab 5 and the team he inherited right before the tournament and I believe the guy has zero Sweet 16 appearances with his own team in 15+ season.

Last edited:
wow i would love to have him,rather have butlers coach,tho,but this guy knows basketball,he knows the game been around the basketball for a long time.if ya dont want him,ya dont know basketball

Hi. My name is basketball. I don't think we've ever met...

wow i would love to have him,rather have butlers coach,tho,but this guy knows basketball,he knows the game been around the basketball for a long time.if ya dont want him,ya dont know basketball
Posted via VolNation Mobile

yea he is old but so is joe peterno,and bunch of coaches,stever coaches those players that cannot recruit like the carolinas pitts,the villanovas,etc can recruit,and still win,thjink wat he can dop with schools that recruit the talent,that players that wanna go to schools like tennessee conneticut,etc.just like butlers coach,who coaches players that are second hand players,kinda,most talent go to big name schools.i likme butlers coach alot better,but i like san diego st.coach better, than alabamas pitts villanova,etc.those teams and coaches,couldnt make it past thbe 1st weekend of tourny,with those recruits.

VN Store

Back