Will the next coach bring back the orange blazer?

Will the new coach bring back the orange blazer?

• Total voters

TheVolunteer

Go Big Orange!
Just something to think about. I personally liked the orange blazer for the Vandy and UK games, I thought it embraced one of the traditions at Tennessee. I know Bruce brought it back, but that doesn't mean the next coach couldn't keep it going.

Just something to think about. I personally liked the orange blazer for the Vandy and UK games, I thought it embraced one of the traditions at Tennessee. I know Bruce brought it back, but that doesn't mean the next coach couldn't keep it going.

I doubt it because of the Pearl associations, but I hope so. Maybe we can convince him that honoring Mears is more important than distancing himself from Pearl.

I thought the orange blazer is gaudy and obnoxious as hell. But that might just be me. Maybe the new coach should continue the tradition of painting himself orange at Lady Vols games.

I thought the orange blazer is gaudy and obnoxious as hell. But that might just be me. Maybe the new coach should continue the tradition of painting himself orange at Lady Vols games.

Whatever he does, I hope it involves doing away with the tradition of ****ty offense.

Whats the allure of a blazer that looks like something a vacuum salesman would wear?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I love the orange blazer, but I don't see the next coach wearing one. I imagine that he would think it would upset a lot of the fans hurt by the Pearl firing.

I love the orange blazer, but I don't see the next coach wearing one. I imagine that he would think it would upset a lot of the fans hurt by the Pearl firing.

Why should he give a damn about them? Pearl didn't start that, so screw em. It's an ugly blazer, but if the guy wants to wear it then the fans can deal.

I hope the orange blazer stays, even if Bruce/Tony did go 12-14 while wearing it.

To me, the blazer, at this point, is not about Mears or Pearl. It's about Tennessee. If anything, Bruce started a trend. Lots of coaches now wear blue, white, red, etc. sports jackets for their teams. I think the blazer is part of the program now.

There's a better chance this dollar store hire will be driving an orange blazer.

Why should he give a damn about them? Pearl didn't start that, so screw em. It's an ugly blazer, but if the guy wants to wear it then the fans can deal.

Tony Jones took the inside out approach. Orange shirt with neutral blazer. Fashion.

It is a blazer....surely the next head coach would partake in that cool tradition for 4 games a season.

VN Store

Back