Matt Painter ???

I heard someone say that Missouri will pursue him.

It a'int happening. It would take a lot for him to leave Purdue. He's a Purdue guy.

Some have hinted on other forums and the St. Louis media that he would listen to Mizzou's offer. If that's the case... Why not throw in for him?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I heard someone say that Missouri will pursue him.

It a'int happening. It would take a lot for him to leave Purdue. He's a Purdue guy.

The rub of the talk coming out of St. Louis media, mainly the Post Dispatch, is that there is friction between him and the higher-ups at Purdue. Significant friction, to be exact.

The rub of the talk coming out of St. Louis media, mainly the Post Dispatch, is that there is friction between him and the higher-ups at Purdue. Significant friction, to be exact.

They would be dumb to ruin that relationship.

My thoughts

Would be wonderful if this were true and we could get in before Missouri. . . we can dream.

Yeah Keady clone. If he is listening to Mizzou it is for one of 2 things. 1)Most obvious to bluff and get raise from Purdue. 2)The talent Mike Anderson left behind at missouri is better than what will be left at Purdue after this season. I personally don't want to talk to a guy to increase the pay at his current gig.

I have heard Painter linked to interest at Mizzou. Apparently, Purdue does not pay well and most likely could not match an offer. Other names circulating around Mizzou - Cuonzo Martin (Missouri State), Gregg Marshall (Wichita State), Josh Pastner (Memphis) and Buzz Williams (Marquette). Painter grew up in Indiana, so doubt he leaves...but Mizzou has talent + 3 scholarships, then 6 scholarships the following year. Plus they, like Arkansas, have Wal-Mart booster money. Also heard Larry Drew (HC - Atlanta Hawks) as he played at Mizzou and for the Kansas City/Sacramento Kings.

I'm not sold on Painter. For the last 3-4 years his teams have been billed as preseason top 10 and predicted by many to make a Final 4 run, yet he's never made it past the Sweet 16. This year's team was on the verge of a #1 seed and we all saw them get run out of the gym by VCU.

Yeah Keady clone. If he is listening to Mizzou it is for one of 2 things. 1)Most obvious to bluff and get raise from Purdue. 2)The talent Mike Anderson left behind at missouri is better than what will be left at Purdue after this season. I personally don't want to talk to a guy to increase the pay at his current gig.

Apparently Hammy didn't want to increase his pay at his future gig either

up here in Big 10 country they like to say that UT is the Purdue of the SEC. Perhaps in more ways than one.

would like to get a home and home series with Purdue in both revenue sports.

Would be fun, drivable football games for both fan bases.

Agreed. Plus there surprisingly appears to be a lot of Vol fans in the indiana area which should ensure a major VolNation presence.

If they arranged it with football as well, or even a early season Bball game... It would allow UT fans to hit up a Colts game while in Indy.

Would be a nice trip.

Purdue has won more Big 10 Championships than anyone and is the only B10 school to hold a series lead over every team in the Big 10. They have had great success, just not in the tourny.

I'm not sold on Painter. For the last 3-4 years his teams have been billed as preseason top 10 and predicted by many to make a Final 4 run, yet he's never made it past the Sweet 16. This year's team was on the verge of a #1 seed and we all saw them get run out of the gym by VCU.

Not to argue with you, because I agree, but we also saw the actual number 1 seed in that bracket get run out of the gym by VCU.

Injuries have killed them.

VN Store

Back