Tidbits on The Coaching Search and Pearl Leaving

LawVol13

1) Jamie Dixon did not reject initial Tennessee overtures; however, no interview has happened and still a longshot.

2.) Chris Mooney picking up serious steam. It appears he's going to be a very serious candidate.

3.) Lawrence Frank appears to be a serious candidate. Expect for UT to have contact with him by the weekend.

4.) Bruce Pearl engaged in a cussing match with Tennessee brass because he felt he deserved double the buyout that Tennessee offered, which was nearly $1 million.

5.) We haven't contacted Anthony Grant, and there appears to be nothing to the earlier reports.

Have a good weekend guys.

--This information courtesy Brent Hubbs and Company--

Last edited:
1) Jamie Dixon did not reject initial Tennessee's overtures; however, no interview has happened and still a longshot.

2.) Chris Mooney picking up serious steam. It appears he's going to be a very serious candidate.

3.) Lawrence Frank appears to be a serious candidate. Expect for UT to have contact with him by the weekend.

4.) Bruce Pearl engaged in a cussing match with Tennessee brass because he felt he deserved double the buyout that Tennessee offered, which was nearly $1 million.

5.) We haven't contacted Anthony Grant, and there appears to be nothing to the earlier reports.

Someone didn't read the opening paragraph.

That is just ridiculous. No excuse for that. Period.

I know I'm just messing with you, but you gotta give credit to Hubbs in your post or I think it would be breaking rules.

I just took it for granted people knew that already. I hardly have any inside sources.

Here's a bit of more news that's weird and kinda sounds like some bitterness coming from UT (even though it makes them look bad because these surely had to be known before he got the job).... Bruce Pearl has had five civil suits in his previous stops at Milwaukee and Indiana. I wish we could know more about these, and if the AD knew about these and then supported him through some questionable personal decisions and then through his lying then he needs to be fired because there is no excuse for that.

Here's a bit of more news that's weird and kinda sounds like some bitterness coming from UT (even though it makes them look bad because these surely had to be known before he got the job).... Bruce Pearl has had five civil suits in his previous stops at Milwaukee and Indiana. I wish we could know more about these, and if the AD knew about these and then supported him through some questionable personal decisions and then through his lying then he needs to be fired because there is no excuse for that.

And the five civil suits were characterized as being "embarrassing" to Pearl if the facts were known to everyone. Everyone can do the math there.

1) Jamie Dixon did not reject initial Tennessee's overtures; however, no interview has happened and still a longshot.

--This information courtesy Brent Hubbs and Company--

Way to show your true colors and class. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

I thought people said he was a beacon of integrity.

Yes, that really brings to light what kind of person Pearl is. He wants $2 million while his assistants will be starving.

I agree about Pearl, but those other guys aren't starving. I thought they were getting their salaries for the rest of the current fiscal year, plus one more full year. They'll be doing a lot better while unemployed than most people.

And the five civil suits were characterized as being "embarrassing" to Pearl if the facts were known to everyone. Everyone can do the math there.

Glad you pointed that out I didn't see that characterization. I wish they would've told what these were.

This just makes us look even better for cutting ties with him.

Yes. Even though I earlier said many derogatory things about Steve Forbes, I genuinely feel sorry for him and the other assistants. I hope they can get back on their feet.

I agree about Pearl, but those other guys aren't starving. I thought they were getting their salaries for the rest of the current fiscal year, plus one more full year. They'll be doing a lot better while unemployed than most people.

I was under the impression that they receive their salaries just through this summer.

Yes. Even though I earlier said many derogatory things about Steve Forbes, I genuinely feel sorry for him and the other assistants. I hope they can get back on their feet.

Why? They lied, they put themselves in the same situation especially Forbes and Jones. Sure they aren't getting a ton of money, but they lied. I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone making the money these guys do when they force it upon themselves.

Why? They lied, they put themselves in the same situation especially Forbes and Jones. Sure they aren't getting a ton of money, but they lied. I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone making the money these guys do when they force it upon themselves.

Because I think Bruce had a part in trying to get them to lie. And he walks away with a mill and they get their salaries through July 31 and that's it. It will be tough times for those guys; and I just can't help feeling sorry for them.

I think Forbes will. From what I've read in other threads on here, he's a candidate for the job at a JUCO in Iowa. Idk about Jones or Shay.

Just my two cents on that issue.

Keep calling Jamie Dixon until he tells you NO for goodness sake. And then call him once more just for good measure.

Because I think Bruce had a part in trying to get them to lie. And he walks away with a mill and they get their salaries through July 31 and that's it. It will be tough times for those guys; and I just can't help feeling sorry for them.

From some things I've heard on Forbes and Jones in the past... I'm pretty sure it wasn't hard to convince them to lie.

From some things I've heard on Forbes and Jones in the past... I'm pretty sure it wasn't hard to convince them to lie.

Oh, trust me, I don't think either of those guys are very ethical, but they've got families. It's just a sad situation.

VN Store

Back