Deadspin article on Bruce Pearl

Now that it was upon him, Collins said he didn't need Pearl's ultimate comeuppance for his personal vindication. He was no longer bothered.

"People know a little more about him," he said. "And that taste is pretty sweet."

Wow. I'll have to read more later, but this is definitely interesting. I'm anxious to see how Hat rates its accuracy.

I've only gotten through Pearl's role, but wow. The part where he states that his motivation came from being an idealist, followed by the memo written with a comprehensive plan to rat out Illinois without losing the recruit is pretty damning to me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've only gotten through Pearl's role, but wow. The part where he states that his motivation came from being an idealist, followed by the memo written with a comprehensive plan to rat out Illinois without losing the recruit is pretty damning to me.

'zactly what I thought.

Thanks for sharing. Now run along and watch Sportscenter

He runs absolutely anything whether it's relevant or not. He's a huge Georgia homer and a douche. Deadspin is good stuff. Sportsbybrooks is an embarrassment. He tries to make everything a scandal.

He runs absolutely anything whether it's relevant or not. He's a huge Georgia homer and a douche. Deadspin is good stuff. Sportsbybrooks is an embarrassment. He tries to make everything a scandal.

Thats nice and all, but I am pretty sure I didnt ask for your opnion

Dont you have a mattress to burn?

Nothing in there that hasn't been known for years. Still the same he said/he said crap.

Pearl was dirty for taping a kid, Collins was dirtier for paying a kid to play for him.

The cumulative nature of everything CBP did both at Iowa and at Tennessee will never amount to the violation Collins made at Illinois.

I think it is interesting that Slive was involved as counsel for U of I to counter the allegations of BP. Isn't it also true that UT system President Joe DiPietro has multiple degrees from U of I?

These are just readily available topics that anyone could have known about years in advance. It was NEVER a secret that Pearl has always been a snitch and a snake. One of the greatest posters on ANY board has told some of you over and over. Hatvol also had him pegged long ago.

UK did this with Billy G. We ignored all the signs that something was very wrong with him. It may be 2 totally different coaching situations, but the fans turned a blind eye in the same manner.

As far as Cal goes (because I'm sure this is coming), I feel EXTREMELY confident that we are not doing anything seriously wrong. And I think we can all agree Cal would probably be a little too smart to let these sort of things end his career the way Pearl has.

I think UT needs this. A lot of programs have gone through it. UT needs to be cleaned out from top to bottom. It's needed it for a while. It is a great university that does not have to cheat to win ball games. Football OR BASKETBALL. Excellent venue for everything including or up to woman's basketball. Dooley is a great guy and I think will end up being a CLEAN and WINNING hire. I think if you get a nice coach, and I think you will, UT will be back in the NCAA tourney year after next. Good luck.

As far as Cal goes (because I'm sure this is coming), I feel EXTREMELY confident that we are not doing anything seriously wrong. And I think we can all agree Cal would probably be a little too smart to let these sort of things end his career the way Pearl has.

It's not like two of his former schools have vacated any NCAAT appearances or anything. Cal seems like a pretty risk-averse guy.

Maybe Cal is smart enough to beat the rap. That didn't help UMass or Memphis too much.

you are about as naive as a man who is okay with a wife who sometimes "works" really late.

It's not like two of his former schools have vacated any NCAAT appearances or anything. Cal seems like a pretty risk-averse guy.

Maybe Cal is smart enough to beat the rap. That didn't help UMass or Memphis too much.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :good!:

College sports is big business, and big business is dirty. It it literally that simple.

The facts are out there, and more seem to emerge on a daily basis.

Bruce Pearl is dirty; he has been caught; and he has been fired. It is, again, literally that simple.

Any person who stands behind Pearl at this point has made it clear that their loyalty lies with a cheating POS who placed self above all else...including the university he claimed to love. Bruce Pearl loves none other than Bruce Pearl, and if you support that...then you are cut from the same cloth.

Good riddance to yet another stain on UT Athletics.

And one more really good reason why Mike Hamilton should be next.

Can we flush the toilet, once and for all, and try to restore some measure of integrity, and pride, in UT Athletics?

We have laid down with the dogs, and woken up with the fleas. It's time to scrub them off, and restore the honor, and pride, that we all used to feel about the Big Orange.

Before it's too late.

Go Vols.

Any person who stands behind Pearl at this point has made it clear that their loyalty lies with a cheating POS who placed self above all else...including the university he claimed to love. Bruce Pearl loves none other than Bruce Pearl, and if you support that...then you are cut from the same cloth.

I stand by you with my feelings about UT, but only disagree about this part. Pearl wanted Craft and Selby because of the university he did love. Whatever Bruce may be, his passion for Tennessee I don't think is in question.

That memo is cold freaking blooded. The part where he plans to extort the testimony of Thomas's teammates is particularly awesome.

The same guy who wrote that memo has also talked about how God reached down and put his hand on Pearl's shoulder and led him into coaching. The man is a snake.

VN Store

Back