Coaching Search Thread

Truth

To avoid the incoming 300 threads, lets keep all coaching news in here. I'll update when new information/ interview with coaches occur.
All coaches are rumored until they are bolded.

Candidates:
Grant- Alabama
Mooney- Richmond
Frank- NBA
Williams- Marquette
Marshall- Wichita State
Turgeon- Texas A&M
Martin- Missouri State
Interviews:

Links:
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/mar/21/seven-possible-replacements-bruce-pearl/

Last edited:
Shaka Smart will/should be leading candidate to take over the head coaching job at UT. :eek:hmy: TIFWIW

He mentioned that Smart would be a good fit for UT. I doubt we talk to him until VCU is done in the tourney though.

He said he thinks Smart "should" be the leading candidate because of being an asst at Florida and knowing the SEC and in his opinion, is the hottest coach in the tourney. Have no idea why I put the will/

I like Shaka and wouldn't be upset if he gets the job, but I want Brad Stevens from Butler....I say pay him whatever he wants...

He said he thinks Smart "should" be the leading candidate because of being an asst at Florida and knowing the SEC and in his opinion, is the hottest coach in the tourney. Have no idea why I put the will/

I'd argue that Stevens is the hottest.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'd argue that Stevens is the hottest.
Stevens...34 years old...8-3 in the ncaa tourney against teams with far superior talent...That's all that needs to be said. Don't know if he would be interested, but you try like hell to get him.

I agree with you 110% but for some reason Katz seems to have a woody for Shaka.

Shaka does makes the most sense to me, sec experience, no way he can be satisfied at vcu, plus easy relocation geographically.

Stevens...34 years old...8-3 in the ncaa tourney against teams with far superior talent...That's all that needs to be said. Don't know if he would be interested, but you try like hell to get him.

I don't know what a dynasty smells like, but I think it's in his cologne.

Shaka's VCU team has looked extremely well coached in the tourney this year. I would love to see what he could do at Tennessee

VN Store

Back