In retrospect, a shrewd, calculated move by Hamilton?

PoochPunt3rdDown

Boom. +14. Moby Dick.
Hamilton goes on WNML and states he doesn't know the future of the coaching staff at Tennessee several days before the NCAA Tourney. Seems a little out of left field, and on face value, bad timing. But, consider this...

ESPN has been reporting it all day. Twitter is ablaze with conspiracy rumors. In the basketball season's most public and media-fapping moment, when it's all potential and no one has lost; you put up a big orange billboard effectively stating UT will be, most likely, looking for a new coach after the Vols inevitably lose.

Consider; Pearl's teams have always done better when they were counted out, so I really don't buy the "bad timing" reasoning. At best, it motivates the team, they "shock the world" and the UT brand is even further heightened by the team's success.

At worst, his comments are a distraction for a middling team and they flame out early, making a Pearl exit both justifiable and also casting the players as a sympathetic group of underachievers almost any currently underemployed coach would want to manage next year.

Even without Tobias (Scotty ain't leaving), the core group of players, plus the recruits, would be an intriguing mix for any potential hire to consider.

Either way his ass is on the line and he posited a hail mary attempt to save his said hind, and brought some rational, positive attnetion to the program. The hilljacks be crying foul, but I'm not convinced this wasn't all part of a greater plan. UT has been, is, and will be bigger than any of the players in this pcychodrama. He's just trying to remain involved. Bless his heart.

I think Hamilton mighta just done pooch punted on third down and is hoping the ball is covered on the one yard line.

pp3d.

Pooch would be part of the phrase that I would use in describing MH's actions, but the other part of the phrase wouldn't be punt.

Hamilton goes on WNML and states he doesn't know the future of the coaching staff at Tennessee several days before the NCAA Tourney. Seems a little out of left field, and on face value, bad timing. But, consider this...

ESPN has been reporting it all day. Twitter is ablaze with conspiracy rumors. In the basketball season's most public and media-fapping moment, when it's all potential and no one has lost; you put up a big orange billboard effectively stating UT will be, most likely, looking for a new coach after the Vols inevitably lose.

Consider; Pearl's teams have always done better when they were counted out, so I really don't buy the "bad timing" reasoning. At best, it motivates the team, they "shock the world" and the UT brand is even further heightened by the team's success.

At worst, his comments are a distraction for a middling team and they flame out early, making a Pearl exit both justifiable and also casting the players as a sympathetic group of underachievers almost any currently underemployed coach would want to manage next year.

Even without Tobias (Scotty ain't leaving), the core group of players, plus the recruits, would be an intriguing mix for any potential hire to consider.

Either way his ass is on the line and he posited a hail mary attempt to save his said hind, and brought some rational, positive attnetion to the program. The hilljacks be crying foul, but I'm not convinced this wasn't all part of a greater plan. UT has been, is, and will be bigger than any of the players in this pcychodrama. He's just trying to remain involved. Bless his heart.

I think Hamilton mighta just done pooch punted on third down and is hoping the ball is covered on the one yard line.

pp3d.

Someone please show me what Hammy did that was positive?

I hear what you are saying but ...... I really dont think that Hamilton could have drawn this up. Hamilton is a lot of things but shrewd doesnt come to mind.

scotty would play over seas to get out of here now which he may have to anyway.

So even though nobody in their right mind would do this (even though I don't think what he said was that bad; it's not the end of the world), we think a guy who has risen to the level of AD at a large school would? There is absolutely more to this than we know and it was surely done because it needed to be done. So, OP, you're on to something, just a bit different than what you say in my opinion.

pp3d.

I would equate it more to Bill Battle's fake punt that went South and ultimately brought about his demise.

VN Store

Back