Bilas has pretty much nailed this entire fiasco for the past few months!

tvols75

Bashed Slive and Hamilton for the way they handle things, regarding the SEC suspension and Hamilton running his trap. Pearl put his self in this situation, but if the bump does indeed stand as major and intentional we just have to move on it changes my tune on whether I would prefer him to stay. But Hamilton has to go. He has no clue on how to handle coaching searches, the media, or an athletic department. If you want his fundraiser skills then create a position for him that allows him to just raise money for the school. It's a joke that these kids have been subjected to what Pearl did all year, and finally when we are starting to get away from Pearl's name being mentioned in regards to the NCAA letter and can focus a little more on the big tournament, the idiotic AD goes public and brings it all back up. How fair is that to the kids? I do respect Pearl for how he handled the Hamilton aftermath. He noted what he put the kids through and how he was disappointed that Mike put the focus back on him rather than letting Tobias and other players enjoy this tournament experience.

If Hamilton stays, it'll make Tennessee look ridiculous. He should have lost his job over the Kiffin debacle, but considering what Pearl's done this year and the situation he's put our program in, it'd be indefensible Ham stays.

If Hamilton stays, it'll make Tennessee look ridiculous. He should have lost his job over the Kiffin debacle, but considering what Pearl's done this year and the situation he's put our program in, it'd be indefensible Ham stays.

What did Hamilton do wrong re: Kiffin,besides hire him in the first place?

At this point, I honestly think the University looks better if Pearl is back rather than Hamilton. That is not dismissing Pearl's actions, but just showing how much Mike has become an absolute laughing stock. Hell, he was being hammered by national media members before this Pearl situation. Now, he can't even handle this situation right. This University would look like a big joke if Mike is kept as AD.

Exactly. we would have been sitting here backing Kiffin if he was still around when it came to the AA secondary violations. Kiffin was offered a better job in his mind with a top 5 program. MH had no idea, nor did any UT fans, that Carroll would leave Troy.

I can't figure out the bad hiring MH supposedly has done. Baseball maybe - but they may be turning around. Dooley replacing Kiffin looks like a homerun to me. Pearl was a homerun until he started going Hank Williams on us. No doubt MH should have kept his mouth shut on Pearl unless he was ordered to float a trial balloon to soften the future blow to Pearl backers.

Exactly. we would have been sitting here backing Kiffin if he was still around when it came to the AA secondary violations. Kiffin was offered a better job in his mind with a top 5 program. MH had no idea, nor did any UT fans, that Carroll would leave Troy.

I can't figure out the bad hiring MH supposedly has done. Baseball maybe - but they may be turning around. Dooley replacing Kiffin looks like a homerun to me. Pearl was a homerun until he started going Hank Williams on us. No doubt MH should have kept his mouth shut on Pearl unless he was ordered to float a trial balloon to soften the future blow to Pearl backers.

No one blames Hamilton for his leaving, but the contract of Monte getting a bonus before he left and the low buy-out for Lane was ridiculous. Also, go look at Fulmer's extensions every year. Sexton loves Mike Hamilton.

So had Bruce gotten the Arizona job via the Pumps would eveyone been calling for MH's job?

Ridiculously low buyout on his contract.

I doubt that was the linchpin of Kiffin leaving for USC. It made it easier, but hard to see that as the key to it.

Plus, as posted by others above, if Kiffin were still here the controversy considering what he did would be THAT MUCH WORSE.

I doubt that was the linchpin of Kiffin leaving for USC. It made it easier, but hard to see that as the key to it.

Plus, as posted by others above, if Kiffin were still here the controversy considering what he did would be THAT MUCH WORSE.

Yeah but when an AD gets lucky that a coach left, that's not a ringing endorsement that you're a good AD. Like I said, Jimmy Sexton makes him his ***** when it comes to contracts.

If this fiasco doesn't cost Hammy his job, we can always hope he gets pulled over with a hooker and her panties between his legs!

If Hamilton's job was in danger, we would know it by now. Interesting that so many support Pearl with all his problems, but feel that Hamilton should be fired. Hamilton really didn't cause the NCAA violations and short of staying with Pearl 24/7 had no real way of preventing him from being the scum bag that he is.

If Hamilton's job was in danger, we would know it by now. Interesting that so many support Pearl with all his problems, but feel that Hamilton should be fired. Hamilton really didn't cause the NCAA violations and short of staying with Pearl 24/7 had no real way of preventing him from being the scum bag that he is.

There's one key thing in Pearl's mistake... he at least still wins. Nowhere in this thread, did you see people giving Pearl a pass for his actions. They were stupid, and he has no one to blame but himself.

What has Hamilton ever done of note except be the laughingstock of the media? If you like his fundraising then let him be a fundraiser. I personally want an AD that has tight control of his program and has connections with Slive and also the NCAA. Someone like Mr. Foley over there in Florida. There is no reason we cannot have a powerful AD like Florida has.

Hubbs said that people do not know if Hamilton is going to be around much longer. He said he definitely hurt his chances with the interview, so there is a lot of chatter about him as well.

Hubbs said that people do not know if Hamilton is going to be around much longer. He said he definitely hurt his chances with the interview, so there is a lot of chatter about him as well.

Don't see Hamilton going any where. Hiring a basketball coach will be taxing enough without having to revamp the entire athletic program.

What else would Hamilton have to do with Kiffin and the football program other than hiring him? Do you think AD's in major programs are involved in the day to day coaching decisions?

Having the big corner office means having to accept responsibility for your decisions even the ones that go south for reasons beyond your control. Whether directly a result of his actions or not, it seems most things Hamilton has been involved in have gone bad.

Not much lately, as in about 5 years running.
R u serious??

He's brought about face lifting all of our facilities (some that hadn't been touched since Regan was in office), Raised a ton of money, and kept our athletic department out of the red during a time when more successful athletic departments were in the red.

Its not his fault Bruce is an idiot.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back