Just a thought, share your opinions

LIvol

I know many of us are for Pearl, and some are tired of him not coaching up Cameron Tatum or whatever your beef is that game. Amazing sometimes when I go into a game thread how a guy can be the worst player that has been on the Team in the last 5 years and when he makes a big three point basket or last second shot, he is your hero. Some serious bi-polar issues with fans.

Ok, I know there was some serious talks a few years ago before we hired Bruce Pearl about other coaches. I have seen the talk now with Mike Anderson, Travis Ford, and people who just dont make sense because of the lack of energy. Would like to hear your thoughts on a scenario to fufill both the fanbase, and hopefully if CBP is a VFL then we can find out how bad he wants to continue here.

CBP is released from his obligations as head coach because of the "show cause penalty- lite" and is not allowed to return to coaching for 18 months, which is really 2 years after the decision comes down. We go out and hire Coach Robert Montgomery Knight. He comes to Tennessee with his son Pat. Pat is hired as the Assistant Head Coach. We retain Steve Forbes, Tony Jones and Jason Shay; if they are all willing to stay and ACTJ takes a demotion for this set of actions. Coach Knight stays for 2 years, and has a great time with all the things he will bring. He is not a young guy but would love to have one last run. After 2 years, he retires and moves into analysis and fishing (his 2 favorite things) and Pat Knight is hired on as the Head Coach. We re-hire CBP, with his passion for basketball and THIS UNIVERSITY (he has said numerous times he is a VFL and wants to win a championship and do it at UT). He comes in as an assistant coach, ala Gene Keady at St Johns and works with our players, alumni and students. He tries to regain the trust and the faith of this university. Tony Jones is promoted to assistant head coach. We then proceed with a year, and see where the program heads in the future, and possibly down the line CBP can regain his position as head coach of the university men's basketball head coach.

Thoughts?

I really think if Pearl leaves, Jones leaves and maybe Forbes.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't think he should go in the first place. Yes, there are others that can coach, but it's Pearls karisma and popularity that will not be matched. That's the reason were in on McDonald All-Americans and getting top 10 classes 3 of the last 5 yrs...oh well, let's run him out of town, by the way, this whole thing started with him having Craft, Selby, and McCrae over for a cookout. He was trying to sign a Super Class, and win a championship....for us......FOR US!! I think he wouldve got it done at some point too,the kids loved him.....And also, PISS on the NCAA.....I'd lie to them too, were not buying recruits, it was a freaking cookout! This whole thing sucks.

I don't think he should go in the first place. Yes, there are others that can coach, but it's Pearls karisma and popularity that will not be matched. That's the reason were in on McDonald All-Americans and getting top 10 classes 3 of the last 5 yrs...oh well, let's run him out of town, by the way, this whole thing started with him having Craft, Selby, and McCrae over for a cookout. He was trying to sign a Super Class, and win a championship....for us......FOR US!! I think he wouldve got it done at some point too,the kids loved him.....And also, PISS on the NCAA.....I'd lie to them too, were not buying recruits, it was a freaking cookout! This whole thing sucks.

That must be a very unique quality to have. I don't believe I've ever run across anyone with karisma before. Is that like Karma?

That must be a very unique quality to have. I don't believe I've ever run across anyone with karisma before. Is that like Karma?

Did I spell it wrong nerd? You might want to come to Court South on Merchants tomorrow around 4 and give me a spelling lesson. I want be hard to find!

I know many of us are for Pearl, and some are tired of him not coaching up Cameron Tatum or whatever your beef is that game. Amazing sometimes when I go into a game thread how a guy can be the worst player that has been on the Team in the last 5 years and when he makes a big three point basket or last second shot, he is your hero. Some serious bi-polar issues with fans.

Ok, I know there was some serious talks a few years ago before we hired Bruce Pearl about other coaches. I have seen the talk now with Mike Anderson, Travis Ford, and people who just dont make sense because of the lack of energy. Would like to hear your thoughts on a scenario to fufill both the fanbase, and hopefully if CBP is a VFL then we can find out how bad he wants to continue here.

CBP is released from his obligations as head coach because of the "show cause penalty- lite" and is not allowed to return to coaching for 18 months, which is really 2 years after the decision comes down. We go out and hire Coach Robert Montgomery Knight. He comes to Tennessee with his son Pat. Pat is hired as the Assistant Head Coach. We retain Steve Forbes, Tony Jones and Jason Shay; if they are all willing to stay and ACTJ takes a demotion for this set of actions. Coach Knight stays for 2 years, and has a great time with all the things he will bring. He is not a young guy but would love to have one last run. After 2 years, he retires and moves into analysis and fishing (his 2 favorite things) and Pat Knight is hired on as the Head Coach. We re-hire CBP, with his passion for basketball and THIS UNIVERSITY (he has said numerous times he is a VFL and wants to win a championship and do it at UT). He comes in as an assistant coach, ala Gene Keady at St Johns and works with our players, alumni and students. He tries to regain the trust and the faith of this university. Tony Jones is promoted to assistant head coach. We then proceed with a year, and see where the program heads in the future, and possibly down the line CBP can regain his position as head coach of the university men's basketball head coach.

Thoughts?

The East German judge gives you an 8.0 for originality and creativity.

Did I spell it wrong nerd? You might want to come to Court South on Merchants tomorrow around 4 and give me a spelling lesson. I want be hard to find!

Yes, you did but anyone with half a brain should know what you meant--charisma.

At any rate, everyone should keep an eye on Buzz Williams beginning Monday.

I agree that Bobby Knight was one hell of a coach, and he did it cleanly. He is still one hell of a coach, but I doubt very many kids today would listen to him or put up with his antics. I respect Knight as a coach, but I'm no longer a kid. His methods are out-dated and are no longer accepted in today's politically correct world. Too bad. By the way, his son cannot coach worth a shi-ite.

Thoughts?

Texas Tech actually already tried this without Bruce Pearl. It didn't work.

Yes, you did but anyone with half a brain should know what you meant--charisma.

At any rate, everyone should keep an eye on Buzz Williams beginning Monday.

You would think so, but it seems some that think they have huge brains can't resist. Thanks for the spelling, but I'll probably forget by the next time I use it. Who is Buzz Williams?

You would think so, but it seems some that think they have huge brains can't resist. Thanks for the spelling, but I'll probably forget by the next time I use it. Who is Buzz Williams?

He's buddies with Woody. They've been through some crazy stuff through the years.

Thoughts?

Thoughts are that you must have been under the influence of something when you posted this.

Thoughts are that you must have been under the influence of something when you posted this.

Why is that? Remember when people were complaining about the Head Coach from Louisiana Tech, who was 17-20 couldnt coach worth a damn. I really hope that works out and helps straighten out the system sometime down the road.

Once again it is about cleaning up the program and fixing the issues of players, philosophy, and culture. We need someone to come in get us past the debacle of the last 15 months and next year when we watch Jimmy Dykes on Tuesday we arent always referred to as the program that is under investigation. It is about deferring the attention with a big name hire to come in and clean things out. Like I said in my OP if he needs his son to come along then stop crying about one of the assistant spots going to Pat and start thinking about how things can progress in the positive.

For the guy who points out spelling mistakes, it is a message board. If it was a term paper for essay writing class then you can grade everyones paper, but stop being such a pencil-pushing loser that you sit in front of your computer waiting for a mistake so you can prove your education because you decided to waste your major at UT in english and composition writing.

Gets no better than this.

It's the Interwebz and a bad place for badasses like yourself. Here's a hint, he want (sic) be there either.

From the sounds of this thread, the OP is rather large and I, in no way wish to upset him, but has he been taking crazy pills? What about Shaka Smart from VCU?

He is waiting.....Google it..

comeatmebro.jpg

VN Store

Back