Pearl made it fun for me, when I could care less

andymuffins

If he is indeed gone, it is a tragedy.

His teams have given me so many fond memories. I was there when a perfect game plan foiled Ohio State's run last year and took us to the Elite Eight.

I watched us take it to #1 Memphis to prove that WE were the elite in-state school and no one else.

I saw my best friend, a Jayhawk, wilt in utter shock and disbelief when a shorthanded Tennessee team beat #1 Kansas up inside, outside and all over the floor for a win that ZERO people in the country thought we had a chance in.

I watched Dane Bradshaw steal the ball and race down the floor to ice the win over eventual National Champion winners Florida, then we did it again.

Chism, Lofton, James, Bradshaw, players that I probably could have cared less about, Pearl made great.

But most of all, what I will miss most, is the EXPECTATION that we will win the game, KNOWING that there is a chance no matter the competition, Pearl has given that to me.

People here think that we have the capacity to continue the program with a good hire, but the reality is, the odds are statistically stacked against us. We go back on the coaching carousel and hope for the best.

I will miss you Bruce Pearl. Of that I am sure.

Last edited:

His teams have given me so many fond memories. I was there when a perfect game plan foiled Ohio State's run last year and took us to the Elite Eight.
I watched us take it to #1 Memphis to prove that we were the elite in the state and no one else.
I saw my best friend, a Jayhawk, wilt in utter shock and disbelief when a shorthanded Tennessee team beat #1 Kansas up inside, outside and all over the floor for a win that ZERO people in the country thought we had a chance in.
I watched Dane Bradshaw steal the ball and race down the floor to ice the win over eventual National Champions Florida, then we did it again.

Chism, Lofton, James, Bradshaw, players that I probably could have cared less about Pearl made great.

But most of all, what I will miss most, is the EXPECTATION that we will win the game, KNOWING that there is a chance no matter the competition, Pearl has given that to me.

People here think that we have the capacity to continue the program with a good hire, but the reality is, the odds are statistically stacked against us. We go back on the coaching carousel and hope for the best.

Great Post and I concur

I watched us take it to #1 Memphis to prove that we were the elite in the state and no one else.
I watched Dane Bradshaw steal the ball and race down the floor to ice the win over eventual National Champions Florida, then we did it again.

Chism, Lofton, James, Bradshaw, players that I probably could have cared less about Pearl made great.

Agree 100%

i have been watching ut b-ball since 89-90, i mean really keeping up with it. Bruce brought something no one else really did, "looking forward to basketball season." not since the yarbrough (spelling) years did i look so forward to the season. i really hope the next coach can instill that same feelings about the up coming seasons.GBO!!!!!

As someone who remembers ETSU outnumbering us at T-B when I was a student, I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.

I think it needs to be done. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate Pearl for what he accomplished for Tennessee basketball. I'll miss him and don't share the Fantasy Island dreamworld that things are automatically going to be better for Tennessee.

I watched us take it to #1 Memphis to prove that WE were the elite in-state school and no one else.

I watched Dane Bradshaw steal the ball and race down the floor to ice the win over eventual National Champion winners Florida, then we did it again.

Chism, Lofton, James, Bradshaw, players that I probably could have cared less about, Pearl made great.

What about Marques Johnson, Josh Tabb, Duke Crews, Ramar Smith, Cam Tatum, Tyler Smith, or Scotty Hopson? Why did Pearl decide not to develop them?

What about Marques Johnson, Josh Tabb, Duke Crews, Ramar Smith, Cam Tatum, Tyler Smith, or Scotty Hopson? Why did Pearl decide not to develop them?

Weak argument.

Let's go over Coach Wooden's roster for the 40 years he coached. You're going to find men he was unable to develop as basketball players. Same could be said for any coach no matter how successful they are in their job.

Weak argument.

Let's go over Coach Wooden's roster for the 40 years he coached. You're going to find men he was unable to develop as basketball players. Same could be said for any coach no matter how successful they are in their job.

The players listed consist of probably 40% of total 4 year players Pearl recruited while at Tennessee. Smith wasn't an original recruit so I'll take him away, but he and Passley both were transfers who eventually got kicked off.

The players listed consist of probably 40% of total 4 year players Pearl recruited while at Tennessee. Smith wasn't an original recruit so I'll take him away, but he and Passley both were transfers who eventually got kicked off.

I just hope we play the dookies and underdeveloped Scotty Hopson goes ape shat and scores 30 in a victory

All the people who wanted Fulmer gone said we would be better off. Now our football program is a complete disaster thanks to the way hamilton handled it(hiring Kiffen). Get ready for the same disaster in basketball. I don't see this working out. Lucky for me, Pearl is the only reason I pay attention to the sport. I'll just go back to not giving a crap!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

All the people who wanted Fulmer gone said we would be better off. Now our football program is a complete disaster thanks to the way hamilton handled it(hiring Kiffen). Get ready for the same disaster in basketball. I don't see this working out. Lucky for me, Pearl is the only reason I pay attention to the sport. I'll just go back to not giving a crap!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

we've been through this once. Why do you continue to tell us how little that you care and that you'll be gone, only to keep coming back? I don't get it. Are you that proud of your awe inspiring ambivalence? Do you want a plaque? Maybe a parting gift? Help a brother out.

VN Store

Back