I am very sad tonight.

ODVOL

As I sit here tonight reading all the various threads, posts, rumors, tweets, news, etc... all I am really feeling is sadness. I am sad for this university. I am sad for these players. And I am sad for Bruce Pearl. I love Bruce Pearl for the good he brought to a basketball program that was basically irrelevant. I love the intensity and passion he had for UT. I loved that when UT football was in some of its darkest hours, I had a d*** good basketball team to take my mind off football. I understand that CBP screwed up, BIG TIME, and that his mistakes have repercussions, some of which may affect more that just himself. I understand why BP will probably be fired at seasons end and even though I don't really like the idea of UT parting ways with CBP, I get why it probably has to happen. That said, with the news today that this is apparently a done deal, I am really bummed tonight. I know UT can hire a great bball coach (maybe not mike hamilton though) and that we have proven that we can matter in college hoops. I guess what I am trying to say is I know this isnt the end of the world but tonight I hurt for UT and especially these kids and this team. I hope we can rally together, we have in the past during dark times, and maybe shock some folks this weekend. This is just my little rant. Im not a Pearl lover or hater, just a Vol who loves to see his teams succeed, and tonight I am sad for my team.

It's maddening to think how hard Pearl and Tennessee basketball have fallen from last March, and how little is at the heart of all of this. Why why why do people not understand that it's never the crime, it's the coverup?

I can't believe people are "sad" a lying idiot that got fired from his job.

I do appreciate what Pearl did for UT basketball, but damn people he dug his own grave.

Last edited:
It's maddening to think how hard Pearl and Tennessee basketball have fallen from last March, and how little is at the heart of all of this. Why why why do people not understand that it's never the crime, it's the coverup?

There was a caller on the Sports Anus that actually said "I would do anything for Pearl. He's such a great man. I mean I've never really met him, but I'd do anything for him."

The next caller proceeded to call Hamilton a snake. I didn't have the heart or stomach to tolerate any more. Popped in some Seger and headed home.

I'll never understand making out a coach to be a deity. It's sickening and disheartening to see and hear people justify an indiscretion.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The only thing i liked about Hamilton saying the jury is still out on pearl is lets make another sweet 16 by beating Michigan and slaying Duke! Then evaluate him

I can't believe people are "sad" a lying idiot got fired from his job.

I do appreciate what Pearl did for UT basketball, but damn people he dug his own grave.

Especially when the guy is by far the biggest hypocrite in college basketball the last decade.

It's amazing how often just throwing your hands up and saying "OK you've got me" will really save a lot of pain and suffering.

did you read the post? he said he is sad about the state of the program and for what the players are going through. way to twist it to just what you wanted to whine about, though.

What strikes me as funny is that many who favor CBP are the first ones calling for blood an the slightest sniff of something amiss at any other program in the nation.

There was a caller on the Sports Anus that actually said "I would do anything for Pearl. He's such a great man. I mean I've never really met him, but I'd do anything for him."

His ex-wife would disagree.

did you read the post? he said he is sad about the state of the program and for what the players are going through. way to twist it to just what you wanted to whine about, though.

That "i am sad for Bruce Pearl" sentence is a ***** to your argument, huh?

As I sit here tonight reading all the various threads, posts, rumors, tweets, news, etc... all I am really feeling is sadness. I am sad for this university. I am sad for these players. And I am sad for Bruce Pearl. I love Bruce Pearl for the good he brought to a basketball program that was basically irrelevant. I love the intensity and passion he had for UT. I loved that when UT football was in some of its darkest hours, I had a d*** good basketball team to take my mind off football. I understand that CBP screwed up, BIG TIME, and that his mistakes have repercussions, some of which may affect more that just himself. I understand why BP will probably be fired at seasons end and even though I don't really like the idea of UT parting ways with CBP, I get why it probably has to happen. That said, with the news today that this is apparently a done deal, I am really bummed tonight. I know UT can hire a great bball coach (maybe not mike hamilton though) and that we have proven that we can matter in college hoops. I guess what I am trying to say is I know this isnt the end of the world but tonight I hurt for UT and especially these kids and this team. I hope we can rally together, we have in the past during dark times, and maybe shock some folks this weekend. This is just my little rant. Im not a Pearl lover or hater, just a Vol who loves to see his teams succeed, and tonight I am sad for my team.

Well said.

It's just a shame.

He had a good situation here. He was successful and loved by most...could've been here for a long, long time.

And now, in a flash, it's gone. And, for what?

You've obviously not been reading all the garbage spewed tonight. I doubt Groves was responding directly to the OP.

Don't be so uptight and ready to pounce next time.

The next caller proceeded to call Hamilton a snake. I didn't have the heart or stomach to tolerate any more. Popped in some Seger and headed home.

I'll never understand making out a coach to be a deity. It's sickening and disheartening to see and hear people justify an indiscretion.

Please tell me it was in a Trans Am with an 8 track.

I can't believe people are "sad" a lying idiot that got fired from his job.

The inability for all those crying over this to understand your post is the most baffling. Most are the same ones who think Fulmer should still be trolling the sidelines and would support him to replace Hamilton.

VN Store

Back