Bruce Pearl Leaving: Crow Thread

GoBigOrangeVols

I'm surprised and disappointed. I've been as opposed as anyone of getting rid of him from the get go and honestly thought he would see his way through this.

As it appears that won't be the case, I will eat crow.

I still really like CPB, think he is a great coach and will still be very successful at his next stop (if and when he gets another chance).

I hope that the administration makes a good hire and I will support that coach fully.

This is the climax of the best run in tennessee hoops history, the road back up will be very difficult.

Hopefully this team responds and goes out with a bang.

Go Vols

- GBOV
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I can agree with everything you said. I never paid much attention to men's basketball at UT until Pearl came on board.

Two thoughts comes to mind...Bruce will be missed, and karma is a *****.

I'm surprised and disappointed. I've been as opposed as anyone of getting rid of him from the get go and honestly thought he would see his way through this.

I still really like CPB, think he is a great coach and will still be very successful at his next stop (if and when he gets another chance).

I hope that the administration makes a good hire and I will support that coach fully.

This is the climax of the best run in tennessee hoops history, the road back up will be very difficult.

Go Vols

- GBOV

Agree wholeheartedly with thinking CBP is a very good coach who will succeed wherever he gets his next chance. He's done great things for Tennessee. Hopefully, we'll make a good hire and reach even greater heights over the next several years.

No need to feel sorry for him. His bank account is still quite larger now than it was seven years ago at this time. I appreciate the fact that he exposed college basketball to the potential that exists for Tennessee Basketball, but it will be all for not if the NCAA torches the program.

While I'm thankful for what he has done for the program, I wanted him gone from the beginning of this mess. Better to get rid of him now so UT will have the best opportunity to get a good coach

Go Vols

- GBOV

I agree as well. It just flippin sucks. I hope everyone is pulling for this team instead of hoping they fall flat on their face. I think many of these haters haven't liked Pearl from the beginning. Why have they never liked him? I just don't know.

Go Vols

- GBOV

Coach Peanut Butter?

There will be no "next stop". If he gets a job, it will be in a studio.

He's not that old. Neuheisel has a job. O'Brien is being talked about as a strong candidate at Providence. It may take a while, but CBP will coach again.

Wonder if Hamilton still has the curtains for Thomspon Boling? Better get them ready. They will get a lot of use the next several years.

Last edited:
I don't know about all this...... Tressell was Bruce's get-out-of-jail-free card.

No reason for anyone to eat crow. There's nothing wrong with supporting your coach -- and likewise, nothing wrong with wanting a new one. Not one person on this board is involved in the hiring and firing process at UT, nobody needs to apologize or "eat crow."

I can agree with everything you said. I never paid much attention to men's basketball at UT until Pearl came on board.

vollygirl, i guess we can go back to our pre-pearl lives. I don't see hammy getting a coach as good as pearl.

VN Store

Back