UT Board of Trustees very Unhappy with Basketball situation

BasketvolsFan

A source informed me today that the University board of trustees has made Hamilton aware that they are very unhappy with the basketball situation. This could be the reason Hamilton went public today. He may have wanted those in power to clearly understand where this is headed from his position on the matter.

Apparently, they are unhappy with the image hit the university is getting over this situation. Going public is one way to start getting the message that integrity is important to the university.

How could anyone possibly be happy with the program at this point?

I don't believe you have a special source.

You are correct. I don't have a special source, simply information that was provided to me from a source I very much trust. Take if for what its worth. I had not heard that the Trustees were expressing their unhappiness. Perhaps that should have been taken for granted, but I found it to be interesting. If you don't, put it in the garbage and don't read it.

my source just told me that it was a bad idea to give up all meat for lent...I trust that source they are really good

Did the Board of Trustees say anything about how unhappy they are with the current AD "situation?"

Going public today accomplishes nothing, imo ... just stay quiet until after the tourney ... but who knows, maybe the team will respond and play like it's the beginning of the season again, ha

My source -- revealed below -- says nothing to be worried about.

Attachments

• imagesCAUPK29V.jpg
    imagesCAUPK29V.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 216
Why is Hammy bringing this up before the tourney? Think Pearl will try extra hard to win to make the decision harder? Hope so! GBO!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Shockingly ignorant timing on his part. I have tried to sit back and just let it all unfold without forming an opinion on MH. I was thrilled with his hiring of CBP, when this mess started I was disappointed but hoped we would be able to retain CBP, and didn't see MH being pushed out the door if this is how it ended. I was super fired up p*ssed off over what went down with football, but had started getting past that as I have grown to respect CDD and what he is building. But this nonsense takes the cake. What freaking ignoram*s of an AD would stir this up 2 days prior to an NCAA birth!?

I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised considering how badly he has mismanaged most of the rest of the personnel matters he's touched, specifically issues such as the signing of a contract where the University would be left up a creek 1 year in w/a two faced sleezeball already being accused of lying by his last employer.

I have really enjoyed watching all of the amazing capital improvements he has made during his tenure, and believe these contributions will continue to have a significant impact on our ability to bring in some of the best players in the country. But Lord have mercy, this move seems like a purposeful and blatant slap in the face to the entire program! Am I being too dramatic?

Just seems very simple, keep your mouth shut other than something along the lines of "We can't get into those discussions until the season is over and the NCAA has rendered its punishment. At that time, we will see where we are and what direction we need to go to ensure this program continues to be a source of pride to the University, its students, and fans, competing at the highest levels and winning championships. Thank you."

I think most of these guys need firing as well or dismissed . Tennessee needs a new board of trustees , ran by people that know WTF they're doing.

The Board of Trustees are appointed by the governor. It is something big political donors seek out. I don't think there are any provisions for them being fired by the new governor.

VN Store

Back