ESPN just "broke"

lylsmorr

on one of their "Right Now" segments that "UT is unsure whether Pearl would return next season". It's old news by now, but it's national news.

None of this is NEW news!

But to even have an interview 2 days before we play is beyond belief.
Even those wanting Pearl to go are losing sight of this unbelievable timing.

With the timing of this announcement, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Wyoming again!
Pearl did say a few months ago "I'm not sure if I will survive this" I guess he was right!
Now, do you guys think we are already talking to an up & coming coach to be on campus within in the next 15 days??????

Pearl knew it was his swan song at home after the KY loss. That is why he was thanking fans out in the hallway after the game as we exited. I for one will miss him.

Timing is dumb. Yes he may need to go, but NO reason to have this interview two days before the first NCAA game. NONE

Timing is dumb. Yes he may need to go, but NO reason to have this interview two days before the first NCAA game. NONE

There is NO reason to have high school juniors at your house for a bbq, NONE.
There is NO reason to lie to the NCAA, NONE.
There is NO reason to violate the bump rule, NONE.
There is NO reason to not report the bump violation, NONE.

The timing of all of these actions were dumb, as well.

Hamilton can't even let someone go right. Tough thing to do to the players.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1) My biggest problem with Hamilton's comments (other than the timing) is the "we’ll decide after we’re out of the NCAA Tournament" part. Who knows for certain we're going to be out? This sends the wrong message to our players - we should never concede defeat before games are played. Pearl's teams have often surprised people, and that's one reason he's still around.

2) For Pete's sake, he's been punished enough. The things he did weren't that bad, anyway. Bruce Pearl has made Tennessee basketball (formerly like Kentucky football, irrelevant) a force to be reckoned with. Why do you think KY fans hate him? They'd like us to can Pearl and return to mediocrity, no doubt.

3) Last year, we were knocking off the No.1 team in the country on national TV and going to the Elite 8. We still have a chance this year as well. I, for one, hope the Vols pull it together and make a run. I also hope we work through this difficult period and keep Pearl around - it beats returning to mediocrity.

1) My biggest problem with Hamilton's comments (other than the timing) is the "we’ll decide after we’re out of the NCAA Tournament" part. Who knows for certain we're going to be out? This sends the wrong message to our players - we should never concede defeat before games are played. Pearl's teams have often surprised people, and that's one reason he's still around.

2) For Pete's sake, he's been punished enough. The things he did weren't that bad, anyway. Bruce Pearl has made Tennessee basketball (formerly like Kentucky football, irrelevant) a force to be reckoned with. Why do you think KY fans hate him? They'd like us to can Pearl and return to mediocrity, no doubt.

3) Last year, we were knocking off the No.1 team in the country on national TV and going to the Elite 8. We still have a chance this year as well. I, for one, hope the Vols pull it together and make a run. I also hope we work through this difficult period and keep Pearl around - it beats returning to mediocrity.

1) At some point we will be out, even if we win it all.

2) They were bad. Major violations = bad.

3) His absence does not guarantee mediocrity.

1) At some point we will be out, even if we win it all.

2) They were bad. Major violations = bad.

3) His absence does not guarantee mediocrity.

I guess you missed before Bruce was here.

I don't think any decent coach will want to come here. Don't give me this facilities BS, we aren't a basketball school. It's why we'll likely never pull in a really great coach.

1 - the timing was idiotic unless the rumblings of he's out and someone else has all but signed a contact is true. Either way it's crappy to do to the players. Those kids have given the last 1-4 years of their lives for that program and you back them for their sake, this is bigger than Bruce Pearl and the fact he's an idiot.

2 - uk fans aren't scared of bruce pearl. i think ya'll are like 1-6 against us in the last 3 seasons. it's not like he's stealing recruits from us (scotty and tobias would be the only two guys ya'll signed that we were talking to that i can remember, and it's not exactly like either of those have burned us). uk fans don't like bruce because we understand what basketball is and bruce pearl and his body painting, hold my breath til i look like i'm gonna pass out routine is annoying and a disgrace for a high major D1 coach.

3 - even last year ya'll weren't consistent though and had your fair share of issues both on and off the court. the admin can deal with some of that as long as the ncaa isn't beating down your door, but as we know, that's not the case anmore.

I guess you missed before Bruce was here.

I don't think any decent coach will want to come here. Don't give me this facilities BS, we aren't a basketball school. It's why we'll likely never pull in a really great coach.

historically you aren't a basketball school, but you've definitely done enough in the last few years to not be a job that the right coach won't pass up, if your admin puts in the work to get the right one.

1 - the timing was idiotic unless the rumblings of he's out and someone else has all but signed a contact is true. Either way it's crappy to do to the players. Those kids have given the last 1-4 years of their lives for that program and you back them for their sake, this is bigger than Bruce Pearl and the fact he's an idiot.

2 - uk fans aren't scared of bruce pearl. i think ya'll are like 1-6 against us in the last 3 seasons. it's not like he's stealing recruits from us (scotty and tobias would be the only two guys ya'll signed that we were talking to that i can remember, and it's not exactly like either of those have burned us). uk fans don't like bruce because we understand what basketball is and bruce pearl and his body painting, hold my breath til i look like i'm gonna pass out routine is annoying and a disgrace for a high major D1 coach.

3 - even last year ya'll weren't consistent though and had your fair share of issues both on and off the court. the admin can deal with some of that as long as the ncaa isn't beating down your door, but as we know, that's not the case anmore.

I find your #2 funny. Our guy may be a goofy slimeball, but you all have the absolute biggest piece of s in college basketball.

I have been very patient and with a wait and see attitude towards Hamilton but this proves to me that Bruce needs to hold the door open so Hamilton can exit behind him. You don't do this two days before the tourney. He is officially an idiot. If Bruce can't he saved then so be it. He will survive. Hamilton has no sense of how you handle media relations. Put Condredge in charge.

Bruce,
If this is your last dance with TN, your contributions and excitement/ intensity level have been very much appreciated and will not be forgotten by most.

To Hamilton's successor,
You better hire a winner. Noone wants to go back to the irrelevant Vols days.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back