Interesting What if?

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
What if (and yes I know it is huge longshot) we beat MI and then by some miracle beat Duke, does this change Pearl's situation?

I know, I know, but would it help Pearl's odds of staying?

You may now begin the assault. :)

I can't think straight and give you an honest answer looking at your avatar. :)

But, I feel (personally) that even if we beat Duke (HUGE if...) then Pearl will be more likely to retain his position. I don't think Hammy will fire him unless he REALLY sees that the 'AA will definitely hit him with a show-cause and make it nearly impossible for us to keep him employed.

I think it all depends on what sanctions are handed down by the NCAA. Not what happens in the tourney. An elite 8 run could help though, but I don't see it, not this team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What if (and yes I know it is huge longshot) we beat MI and then by some miracle beat Duke, does this change Pearl's situation?

One game had better not change anything.

Pearl has shown that he's good enough to keep in absence of penalties, even if he doesn't beat Duke.

Pearl has shown that he's not good enough to keep with severe penalties, even if he does beat Duke.

If a possible Duke win clouds anybody's judgment, we have idiots in charge.

Vitale would have to be put on suicide watch.

This would be be great! I'm not sure of anything re: the NCAA. Personally, I think the AA cannot stand the thought of BP going very far in this tourney. The farther we go, the more will be said about him being a cheater and a liar, and that's how he got us there. I think the farther we go, the harsher the penalties just out of spite.

However, unless this team as a whole has an epiphany on how to play hard all game, and a boost in FG (including 3 pt shooting) and FT accuracy, I don't really think we'll be able to handle Duke if we get to play them. Miracles do happen though.

Vitale would have to be put on suicide watch.

I would love to see UT beat Duke. The only thing better would be to have Dickie V calling the game. It would be just like Keith Jackson talking about how Miami wasn't out of it while we were pounding them 35-7 in the Sugar Bowl.

As to the OP's question. I don't think it makes a difference. To us fans it seems to matter, but to the guy in charge - IMO you have to make a decision you can live with either way.

The most compelling scenario I have heard is the resignation with a 2 year voluntary ban from coaching.

Pearl has shown that he's good enough to keep in absence of penalties, even if he doesn't beat Duke.

Pearl has shown that he's not good enough to keep with severe penalties, even if he does beat Duke.

Exactly.

like the other poster said vital would go on suicide watch and i would give him a rope.but pearl situation is set in stone some say.im not a pearl hater even though he has coached poorly this year by playing to many people.but even though he lied to ncaa .it would be crazy to fire him if vols still get post season ban and scolership losses

like the other poster said vital would go on suicide watch and i would give him a rope.but pearl situation is set in stone some say.im not a pearl hater even though he has coached poorly this year by playing to many people.but even though he lied to ncaa .it would be crazy to fire him if vols still get post season ban and scolership losses

Cool.

Boobies!!!! I mean nope...

Good post and clear explination of the choice facing the TN admin.

Now if he pulls something crazy and gets this team to the final four or championship game, that might make them more willing to accept some more stringent penalties.

Regardless of Pearl, it would be great for TN to beat Duke. Go VOLS.

*scallership

The decision must be made on what he has done , and how it effects our program. Not if we win these 2 games. I'd rather talk about the girl on the avatar..

Yes it would change the situation.

He'd be employed at UT for one week longer.

VN Store

Back