Mike Hamilton Tweet

govols9570

When in doubt, Mumble
UT one of only 14 schools to have football in bowl, men's/women's basketball in NCAA tourney
39 minutes ago via Twitter for Android

Thoughts? I'm not too impressed; post season should be expected with a budget like UT.

The first thing that came to my mind is, "UT is one of only one school to have both major sports under NCAA investigation this year."

louisville, kentucky, north carolina, georgia, ohio state, florida state are names on that list that i can name right off top of my head....company we should definitely be in

Uconn is another one, playa. Sounds to me like Hamilton is trying to pat himself on the back by mentioning one of the few positives we've had this year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Uconn is another one, playa. Sounds to me like Hamilton is trying to pat himself on the back by mentioning one of the few positives we've had this year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The funny thing is that he has nothing to do with Women's Basketball. I wonder how many schools made it in football and men's basketball but not in women's bb. I bet the list would be bigger than 14.

Yay. An athletic department with a top ten budget is a top 70 football program and a top 68 basketball program.

Seriously people . . . How can you go negative on something as benign as that Tweet? It's the kind of thing you hear from every AD.

Seriously people . . . How can you go negative on something as benign as that Tweet? It's the kind of thing you hear from every AD.

Exactly man. It's amazing the nit-picking that goes on here. It's a simple, harmless tweet. The guys here act like we held a press-conference and sized everyone for rings.

Thoughts? I'm not too impressed; post season should be expected with a budget like UT.

The first thing that came to my mind is, "UT is one of only one school to have both major sports under NCAA investigation this year."

bad not to get a bowl bid nowadays--there are about 35 bowls--and the ncaa tourney with 68 teams is nearly the same. The idea of expanding the NCAA tournament is a joke--would make a mockery of the regular season in the name of making more money for tv networks.

It's the same blind hatred I've become accustomed to seeing

Everything about UT athletics has been poisonous ever since about the UCLA football game in 2008. This is a bitter, downtrodden, cynical, seething fanbase. If you kick a dog enough times, he'll snarl at you even when you offer him a bowl of dog biscuits.

louisville, kentucky, north carolina, georgia, ohio state, florida state are names on that list that i can name right off top of my head....company we should definitely be in

I'd guess Washington is on that list, too. Also BYU

NM neither are in the women's field

Last edited:

Thank you. My sentiments exactly. Some people are just born negative.

Last edited:
what hurts about his tweet is that we went to a pretty poor bowl (and lost), barely got in to the tourney (lost a lot of BAD games this year), and no one cares about women's sports.

.....so that puts us where?

sorry hammy, your hanging on by a thread. and i think you know it.

what hurts about his tweet is that we went to a pretty poor bowl (and lost), barely got in to the tourney (lost a lot of BAD games this year), and no one cares about women's sports.

.....so that puts us where?

sorry hammy, your hanging on by a thread. and i think you know it.
While I don't blame him for making the tweet, it's pretty hard to disagree with this.

An AD has several different hats: coach evaluator and hirer, fundraiser, chief compliance officer, etc. His public hat is head cheerleader and PR guy. This is just standard boilerplate PR crap, and there's no point reading anymore to it than that.

If I was in his shoes I might be tempted to make lemonade too. I can see how it comes off as desperate to some and trivial to others. He's certainly in a no win situation.

An AD has several different hats: coach evaluator and hirer, fundraiser, chief compliance officer, etc. His public hat is head cheerleader and PR guy. This is just standard boilerplate PR crap, and there's no point reading anymore to it than that.
Exactly. You hear stuff like this out of every AD's office. There are plenty of things going on in Knoxville to get sideways about . . . and this just isn't one of them.

He would be sending exactly the same tweet out if the NCAA had never been in Knoxville and the football team won 11 games last year.

bad not to get a bowl bid nowadays--there are about 35 bowls--and the ncaa tourney with 68 teams is nearly the same. The idea of expanding the NCAA tournament is a joke--would make a mockery of the regular season in the name of making more money for tv networks.

You're right but is this something we don't already know about any sporting events, college or pro? That's a forgone conclusion anymore. :whistling:

VN Store

Back