So what now?

lylsmorr

Do we take a measly win over a terrible opponent, parlay it into a deep SECT run, and finally set the wheels in motion to look like a halfway competent basketball team?

I'll say this, UT is not anywhere near the 5th best basketball team in the SEC East. We're better. To anyone who says UT isn't talented, you are out of your mind. All the coach has to do is harness that talent and make the player focus. If a player doesn't do that, then sit him on the bench until the haze(literally and figuratively) clears from his head and he's ready to play basketball at a big boy level again. And if a point guard can't handle the offense, let someone run the offense who can handle it.

Scotty looked like Scotty of old at times tonight, but who knows if that will be a trend. It's a crap shoot as to whether or not he brings it. BW is good. I don't understand the hate he gets. Bone is the best defender on the team, and by a large margin.

"We have the tools, we can rebuild them". I see no reason that, with a favorable draw, we can't make a deep NCAA run. It all depends on the level of focus from the players AND the coaches. No mental lapses are excusable at this point in the season, we should be rolling by now.

So, if you were a gambling man/woman, what would you say if someone asked you what UT will do in the NCAAT?

Do we take a measly win over a terrible opponent, parlay it into a deep SECT run, and finally set the wheels in motion to look like a halfway competent basketball team?

I'll say this, UT is not anywhere near the 5th best basketball team in the SEC East. We're better. To anyone who says UT isn't talented, you are out of your mind. All the coach has to do is harness that talent and make the player focus. If a player doesn't do that, then sit him on the bench until the haze(literally and figuratively) clears from his head and he's ready to play basketball at a big boy level again. And if a point guard can't handle the offense, let someone run the offense who can handle it.

Scotty looked like Scotty of old at times tonight, but who knows if that will be a trend. It's a crap shoot as to whether or not he brings it. BW is good. I don't understand the hate he gets. Bone is the best defender on the team, and by a large margin.

"We have the tools, we can rebuild them". I see no reason that, with a favorable draw, we can't make a deep NCAA run. It all depends on the level of focus from the players AND the coaches. No mental lapses are excusable at this point in the season, we should be rolling by now.

So, if you were a gambling man/woman, what would you say if someone asked you what UT will do in the NCAAT?

Honestly I would say we either lose the 1st game or make the sweet 16 (and with a favorable draw the elite 8).. its either we play awful and lose the first one or things click and we are one of the most dangerous teams in the tourney
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would like to be the Gators first. I don't see us losing to this Gator team three times in one season. We are too good for that to happen.
If/when we get past the Gators, we will play either Bama or Ky for the title game.
As long as we keep winning, we should move up a seed or two in the NCAA pecking order.
If we play as underdogs in the NCAA, I think we will thrive. Example: Pitt, Missouri State, Nova....

I don't think we play better as underdogs. I think that's all crap. We should be able to play motivated basketball 30+ games a year...not 5. It shouldn't matter whether we are 20 point favorite or 50 point underdogs. Again, it's all a matter of focus.

I would like to be the Gators first. I don't see us losing to this Gator team three times in one season. We are too good for that to happen.
If/when we get past the Gators, we will play either Bama or Ky for the title game.
As long as we keep winning, we should move up a seed or two in the NCAA pecking order.
If we play as underdogs in the NCAA, I think we will thrive. Example: Pitt, Missouri State, Nova....

We won't beat Fl. with BW hurting and not playing much imo. If he was healthy maybe.

Don't we have to play four games to win the SEC title?

Scotty will play better against UF, they just don't have long athletic wings/forwards to guard him. He really didn't play that bad tonight 4/9, just didn't get the ball enough and had some crappy turnovers, which were inexcusable. He lit UF up in the second game this year, can't remember the first. He always plays well against them, they really have a hard time matching up. They do a good job guarding our bigs.

#1 priority no open three point shots for Walker, Parsons or Boynton, that killed us the first time we played them. Give them the post put don't let them have open 3's
#2 DO NOT FOUL ERVING WALKER - guy is automatic at the line and beat us at the line last game.

Officiating and free throws are going to be very important. They cannot let Walker get phantom foul calls like they did last game and put him on the line after he tries to take 3 people to the rack. Pearl has gotta keep the refs in check on the defensive side of the floor. If we can keep him off the line and Parsons/Walker from draining three's then we should be fine.

Pearl has got to limit the scrub offensive lineups tomorrow. It really hurt us last time we played UF and they made a bigtime run when we put in McBee, Pearl and company in the second half for a few minutes. Will be a interesting game, we have a good shot.

We will beat UF tmrw then lose our next one. A 9 seed in the tournament, win two or three. We can go deeper if Hopson and Harris put them on their collective back. BW will be big. If Tatum can see the light, damn.

If I were a gambling man I'd say first round exit or one and done. I'm a lean towards the first round exit

can anybody really predict what this team will do? its been a wild ride for sure!

What now? Nothing, they probably lose to Florida today. If there is one thing this season has taught us it's no consistency with this team that won't change. They can't put a complete game together much less 4 days in a row. The sub patterns kill any rhythm this team can muster, they're simply playing too many guys, have all season.

What now? Nothing, they probably lose to Florida today. If there is one thing this season has taught us it's no consistency with this team that won't change. They can't put a complete game together much less 4 days in a row. The sub patterns kill any rhythm this team can muster, they're simply playing too many guys, have all season.

We can win 4 games in a row and we did when we started 7-0 and brought home NIT hardware.

That was a long time ago...

not sure if we can regain the magic, but I have some hope that it is possible (probably will get smashed though)..

VN Store

Back