Go Vols Xtra has a story about the Vols 3pt shooting..... Interesting

3rdDown4What?

In both pitt villanova and memphis wins we hit the three consistently other than that the team has been horrible.. 31 percent.. And some people say its not the problem.. Pearl and the team tends to disagree with them.. its a point of emphasis now..

Is it A problem? Sure. Is it THE problem? No. They can emphasize it all they want, but if they couldn't shoot it all year I doubt they will turn it around before the conference tournament. If you can't shoot it by now, you can't shoot it.

I think it's probably a factor of everyone but Hopson disappearing from behind the arc.

Is it A problem? Sure. Is it THE problem? No. They can emphasize it all they want, but if they couldn't shoot it all year I doubt they will turn it around before the conference tournament. If you can't shoot it by now, you can't shoot it.

IIRC, we turned it on last year in the tourney. Didn't Goins and Tatum go off on SDSU and Ohio?

Bingo.

Also, may I add, "If you can't manage the last 30 seconds of a close game by now, you're not going to do that for the tournament either."

I want for us to succeed as much as anyone, but right now I have about a 0.6% confidence rating on this team. (And I hate that this is happening to us in Tobias's freshman [and likely last] year.)

We could be a dominant defensive and rebounding team. We win that way. Alas, we don't do it very often.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hittin the three ball loosens up the defense and makes everything else a lot easier......

Just hope we don't get refs like St Johns vs Rutgers. That was horrible! If you watched it...

VN Store

Back