Bruce was on 790 AM in Atlanta this morn., and...

Sheik Yerbouti

Class of 2000
...he sounded flustered.

They asked him whether he had learned any hard lessons about who his real friends are in the wake of his troubles, and he sputtered and stammered for a bit, mentioned that his real friends were sticking by him, and then he finally worked his way around to some discussion about asking forgiveness of and being judged by "the Lord."

They asked him how he likes coming to Atlanta for the tournament, and he told some long anecdote about hosting a million dollar fundraiser for the UT Medical Institute in Knoxville, and needing to bring his wife to Atlanta to go dress shopping. Then he thought better of it, and mentioned that he was not on contract yet, and maybe he'd have to just take her to Belk's or Dillard's. Then everyone on the air had to spend some time making sure the listeners understood that it was actually OK for people to shop at those places to avoid offending anyone.

He seemed scattered.

I hope this is just because he's focused on prepping for the tournament, but you would think he'd be well prepped on the first question by now, and the second was a softball.

Did anyone else hear this?

God, I hope this isn't an indication that Bruce's confidence has been broken; it's his best asset. This kind of mess could kill a team's focus and drive.

Dude has aged a decade too. Don't pity him, though. He brought it on himself. Especially after placing himself firmly on a pedestal. It becomes a long, hard fall.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

...he sounded flustered.

They asked him whether he had learned any hard lessons about who his real friends are in the wake of his troubles, and he sputtered and stammered for a bit, mentioned that his real friends were sticking by him, and then he finally worked his way around to some discussion about asking forgiveness of and being judged by "the Lord."

They asked him how he likes coming to Atlanta for the tournament, and he told some long anecdote about hosting a million dollar fundraiser for the UT Medical Institute in Knoxville, and needing to bring his wife to Atlanta to go dress shopping. Then he thought better of it, and mentioned that he was not on contract yet, and maybe he'd have to just take her to Belk's or Dillard's. Then everyone on the air had to spend some time making sure the listeners understood that it was actually OK for people to shop at those places to avoid offending anyone.

He seemed scattered.

I hope this is just because he's focused on prepping for the tournament, but you would think he'd be well prepped on the first question by now, and the second was a softball.

Did anyone else hear this?

God, I hope this isn't an indication that Bruce's confidence has been broken; it's his best asset. This kind of mess could kill a team's focus and drive.

Could?

Try already has.

I think someone may be seeing the writing on the wall. Granted, this is withotu hearing an interview.

And he cried.

So hard he couldn't even see who he was talking to 4 days later in Oak Hill.

Obviously it was a Saul to Paul experience and he had scales form on his eyes and couldn't see the kid.

Yea, I would hate for this team to lose its focus.

Ha ha. I've watched the season, and I get your point. But if I said, "Bruce's apparent psychological problems have ruined our young player's focus and set Scotty Hopson back in what should have been his breakout year," I'd just catch hell from the other side. I don't really know all the facts, so I try not to be too judgmental. But yeah, I'm not going to take it personally if you want to make a little fun of me for that. :)

Could?

Try already has.

I think someone may be seeing the writing on the wall. Granted, this is withotu hearing an interview.

He said he understood that he would be given more slack for his misdeeds if he continued winning. He may think his job is riding on the team's performance in the SEC Tourney. If so, where did he get that perception, and is it wise to be broadcasting it when the NCAA is still deliberating?

He said he understood that he would be given more slack for his misdeeds if he continued winning. He may think his job is riding on the team's performance in the SEC Tourney. If so, where did he get that perception, and is it wise to be broadcasting it when the NCAA is still deliberating?

When you're a self-absorbed flake, sometimes you say stuff that shouldn't be said.

Obviously it was a Saul to Paul experience and he had scales form on his eyes and couldn't see the kid.

Who would have imagined that was the road to Damascus?

When you're a self-absorbed flake, sometimes you say stuff that shouldn't be said.

Well, we're all human, but he seemed like he had never given an interview before. Bruce is not Bruce at the moment, IMHO. Hell, me might seriously need a season off to get out of the spotlight and do some soul searching.

well they didn't account for all the smoke and mirrors setting the fire alarms off.

Well, we're all human, but he seemed like he had never given an interview before. Bruce is not Bruce at the moment, IMHO. Hell, me might seriously need a season off to get out of the spotlight and do some soul searching.

Playing the pity card is not above him, though.

That is why I think he resigns before judgement day.

What do you expect? Every question he gets is a negative question. What I dont understand is why he keeps doing interviews. He knows they are gonna ask him those questions.

What do you expect? Every question he gets is a negative question. What I dont understand is why he keeps doing interviews. He knows they are gonna ask him those questions.

If he knows they are coming, he should have polished answers for them.

Anyhow, the guys on 790 were not overly hard on him, and "how do you like coming to Atlanta for the tournament" is not exactly "What did the President know, and when did he know it?" It's a softball... unless they were angling for him to give away whether he would be interested in inheriting Paul Hewitt's job, which they weren't.

If he knows they are coming, he should have polished answers for them.

Anyhow, the guys on 790 were not overly hard on him, and "how do you like coming to Atlanta for the tournament" is not exactly "What did the President know, and when did he know it?" It's a softball... unless they were angling for him to give away whether he would be interested in inheriting Paul Hewitt's job, which they weren't.

Agree, he takes softball questions and tries to make a job (I.e. Not being under contract) that is directed at the issues so I don't feel bad for him about that. Why is it funny to him? I am all for self deprication and not taking yourself to seriously but doing tearful repentant interviews and then interviews where you make half hearted jokes about the thing you are heart broken about is weird.

VN Store

Back