NCAA needs to stand UP

orangepeopleeater

Their have been some on the WEB talking about rules violations and the mens basketball coach. Some have even questioned why he is still here. I do agree, that rules violations have plagued the college atmosphere for many years and does need to stop. I don't understand the politics behind the NCAA and how they place penalties on teams so differently. In a column written on ESPN, Ohio State has had 375 violations in the last 11 years. I agree, most have been minor, but when does the NCAA stand up and punish these. I know that some might say that they haven't ruled on this yet, but they have had over 10 years to do something about this.

Just like in football, you could call a holding penalty on every play. Sometimes the results would kill what was the intent of the game. As long as the means of communicating are what they are today, you are probably going to have violations.

lets see how hard espn comes down on tressel, they raked bruce over the coals. waiting with baited breath.

lets see how hard espn comes down on tressel, they raked bruce over the coals. waiting with baited breath.

Considering Kirk(a former OSU qb) is one of their top CFB guys, don't expect too much roasting to go on. They will get some airtime out of it but I doubt you will have whole games where it is the main commentary as we have seen from the CBP situation. I do agree with the OP in that after a while you have to start combining all the minor violations into a major. You have to figure, with 375 violations, at least a few of them are related enough in nature to be considered repeat violations of the same rule.

Driving into work, listening to MIKE AND MIKE.....they seemed pretty down on Tressel. I'll tell you who really loves all this.......Nebraska!

The NCAA is going to stand up on Bruce Pearl. When they do, they will squash Tennessee Basketball like a bug.

The NCAA is going to stand up on Bruce Pearl. When they do, they will squash Tennessee Basketball like a bug.

Then they will have to do similar to tressel. This does nothing but help us. I'm sure tennessee will do everything and anything in it's power to take down the NCAA if we get "squashed" and OSU does not.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This may be where the proactive penalties imposed by the school and SEC work a little in Pearl's favor. Ohio State's punishment is a joke for an offense just as bad as Pearl's.

If the NCAA does not hand down harsh sanctions for both Pearl and Ohio State, they will become a complete joke. However, I don't expect Ohio State to be treated as harshly as UT. They are a national player every year in football. The NCAA will not want to do too much as they are a major money machine.

If the NCAA does not hand down harsh sanctions for both Pearl and Ohio State, they will become a complete joke. However, I don't expect Ohio State to be treated as harshly as UT. They are a national player every year in football. The NCAA will not want to do too much as they are a major money machine.

Agreed. That doesnt make it right but rather harsh reality.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Their have been some on the WEB talking about rules violations and the mens basketball coach. Some have even questioned why he is still here. I do agree, that rules violations have plagued the college atmosphere for many years and does need to stop. I don't understand the politics behind the NCAA and how they place penalties on teams so differently. In a column written on ESPN, Ohio State has had 375 violations in the last 11 years. I agree, most have been minor, but when does the NCAA stand up and punish these. I know that some might say that they haven't ruled on this yet, but they have had over 10 years to do something about this.

You are living under a false assumption, that being that the NCAA wants to clean up college sports. What they actually want to do is convince you that they want to clean up college sports. That way you will continue to watch sports on TV, spend a small fortune to go to games, and spend your hard earned money on crap like jerseys and hats.

Last edited:
You are living under a false assumption, that being that the NCAA wants to clean up college sports. What they actually want to do is convince you that they want to clean up college sports. That way you will continue to watch sports on TV, spend a small fortune to go to games, and spend your hard earned money on crap like jerseys and hats.

100% dead on with this post. NCAA is going to flex muscle in cases where it does the least amount of damage to them (Tennessee basketball for example) just to show people they are still in control and slap the wrist of teams like Ohio State. Texas would be another team where the NCAA quickly turns a head.

VN Store

Back