Current Bracket from Joe Lunardi

Daloth

Has us as a 10 seed (the only team that went down in fact), and in the same bracket as Duke/BYU.

Now, looking at these matchups. Wouldn't we rather be a 10 seed instead of an 8-9 seed? I'd play BYU long before Duke. Same with Texas over Pitt, ND or UNC over Ohio St as well. I dont buy UNC being a 2 seed right now either though personally.

What you guys think? Are we at the point now where a spot or two higher seed wise doesn't help us really? Barring us winning the SEC tourney and bumping ourselves to a 6-7 seed I don't see any better situation right now.

I think that if we played BYU, Jimmer Fredette would go ape sh*t on us and score 374 points by himself and we wouldn't have a chance.

josh bone would have to play the game of his life defensively....he would be the only guy we have who could guard him imo

Has us as a 10 seed (the only team that went down in fact), and in the same bracket as Duke/BYU.

Now, looking at these matchups. Wouldn't we rather be a 10 seed instead of an 8-9 seed? I'd play BYU long before Duke. Same with Texas over Pitt, ND or UNC over Ohio St as well. I dont buy UNC being a 2 seed right now either though personally.

What you guys think? Are we at the point now where a spot or two higher seed wise doesn't help us really? Barring us winning the SEC tourney and bumping ourselves to a 6-7 seed I don't see any better situation right now.

If we beat Ark and lose to Florida we are a 10 I think, which is what I want. If we are playing on Saturday we get bumped to 9 and I think we would have to win it on Sunday to get a 7.

Bring on BYU, who would you rather play...Texas?

I think that if we played BYU, Jimmer Fredette would go ape sh*t on us and score 374 points by himself and we wouldn't have a chance.

Then we would have a BYU fan post on here daily by the name of "Fredette374"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would welcome being in the same bracket as Duke and BYU.

First things first. Lets beat Arkansas

If we play BYU, I'm up for hiring a service to get Fredette kicked off for some premarital relations.

I like being a 10 better than an 8-9, in any region except where NC is a 2. They are playing some good ball right now.

I think BYU could very well be a good match up for us. We could make them play ugly and frustrate them. We are also much more athletic than they are.

josh bone would have to play the game of his life defensively....he would be the only guy we have who could guard him imo

Goins has done a pretty good job when matched up against good guards

I like being a 10 better than an 8-9, in any region except where NC is a 2. They are playing some good ball right now.

Agree, with the added personal weekend that that game is during my official visit to UNC (I expect to accept the offer at their Philosophy PhD program). Dream scenario is beating Duke in round two while I'm in Chapel Hill. Nightmare scenario is losing to UNC.

I want to be in BYUs bracket. I think UT wins that matchup.

Have Reaves to send the remnants of the Orange Pride to their hotel the night before to "recruit" the BYU players, they all get suspended the next day before our game and are forced to field of squad of band members in order to prevent the forfeit.

Tennesee still gets out-rebounded by double digits, and loses a nail-biter 26-25 after Steven Pearl scores his first meaningful basket of the season, but in the wrong goal.

Later, when asked about the losing shot, Bruce Pearl denies that Steven Pearl is his son. 90% of VolNation immediately rushes to his defense, and begins demanding that no one must question his remarks until a DNA test can be conducted, and the results are certified by both a Swiss accountant and the UN Security Council - as doing so is completely subjective, racist, will force the cancellation of Knoxville's Breast Cancer Awareness 5K, and will result in the Taliban establishing a defensive entrenchment somewhere near Pigeon Forge.

Once those results are returned, 89.6% of VolNation claims that the tests were erroneously produced, as Pearl's love for the University somehow served to erase all that modern science currently knows about human genetics.

The rest of the world continues to point and laugh at our collective idiocy.

Last edited:
The rest of the world continues to point and laugh at our collective idiocy.[/QUOTE]

Don't kid yourself. The rest of the world doesn't give a flip about UT basketball.

The rest of the world continues to point and laugh at our collective idiocy.
Don't kid yourself. The rest of the world doesn't give a flip about UT basketball.

Some fast polling, but you seem reliable.

Lunardi has an article discussing the 18 teams competing for the last 10 at-large bids. Tennessee is not one of the 18 teams listed...meaning we're in. Below are the teams.

Team Record RPI SOS vs. RPI top 50 Best win
Marquette 18-13 66 31 4-11 Notre Dame (9)
Richmond 24-7 57 139 2-3 Purdue (8)
Michigan 18-12 56 18 3-8 Harvard (35)
Clemson 20-10 59 75 2-5 Boston College (44)
UAB 22-7 28 70 3-4 VCU (49)
Michigan State 16-13 48 9 3-9 Wisconsin (13)
Boston College 19-11 44 28 1-6 Texas A&M (30)
Virginia Tech 19-10 64 88 2-6 Duke (5)
Colorado 18-12 76 73 5-6 Texas (14)
Alabama 20-10 79 125 3-3 Kentucky (12)
Georgia 20-10 39 36 3-9 Kentucky (12)
USC 18-13 68 42 5-4 Texas (14)
Baylor 17-12 84 39 2-6 Texas A&M (30)
Wash State 19-11 73 87 2-6 Washington (46)
Nebraska 19-11 78 65 3-6 Texas (14)
Memphis 22-9 38 56 3-4 UAB (28)
UTEP 22-8 60 117 2-2 Memphis (38)
Penn State 16-13 55 7 3-7 Wisconsin (13)

Last edited:
Why is the seed #6 afraid of #7? Because 7 8(ate) 9.....whakah whakah whakah whakah!

Fozzie-bear.jpg

VN Store

Back