just for fun - which would you choose?

tennesseekilt

1.) Assuming they make the tourney, UT men shock the world and return to the Elite 8.

2.) UT ladies beat Geno and UConn in an improbable upset for the National Title.

Just a bit of analysis - I didn't choose Final 4 for the men because I think anyone on this board would choose a Final 4 over most anything, and unfortunately this year there is absolutely 0 chance of that happening. But Elite 8 is only 3 wins so given the right draw and upsets it is at least vaguely possible (barely).

For the record, I choose option 2. It would be sweet to watch the laides beat this UConn team. Doubt either will happen though, although at least the ladies should make a nice return to the Final 4.

1.) Assuming they make the tourney, UT men shock the world and return to the Elite 8.

2.) UT ladies beat Geno and UConn in an improbable upset for the National Title.

Just a bit of analysis - I didn't choose Final 4 for the men because I think anyone on this board would choose a Final 4 over most anything, and unfortunately this year there is absolutely 0 chance of that happening. But Elite 8 is only 3 wins so given the right draw and upsets it is at least vaguely possible (barely).

For the record, I choose option 2. It would be sweet to watch the laides beat this UConn team. Doubt either will happen though, although at least the ladies should make a nice return to the Final 4.

As crazy as this team and season has been, if they actually get to the elite 8, they would probably make the final four.

Is this a serious question?

I'd take making the NCAAT and losing by 80 over your LV scenario.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

it amazes me how many people on here actually care about the Lady Vols. Sure - I may watch them if they make it to the Final Four - but only if its convenient and there's nothing else on.

I'll take a first round win in the NCAAT or an SECT win for the men over a LV NCAA championship.

Normally I'd say #1, but I really hate Geno so I'm going with #2

I'd take a national title in damn near anything over simply making the elite 8.

While it's cool in the moment, it's lasting legacy isn't that great.

Championships are forever

I'd take a national title in damn near anything over simply making the elite 8.

While it's cool in the moment, it's lasting legacy isn't that great.

Championships are forever

So you'd take a rowing nc over an Elite 8 appearance by your Gators or a BCS bowl?

So you'd take a rowing nc over an Elite 8 appearance by your Gators or a BCS bowl?

1. I said damn near anything.

2. I thought we were talking about the elite 8 in basketball and not the BCS in football

1. I said damn near anything.

2. I thought we were talking about the elite 8 in basketball and not the BCS in football

Your post implies you'd take an NC in women's basketball over an Elite 8 appearance by your men's team. Making an BCS bowl is roughly equivalent an achievement as making the Elite 8/Final 4 in basketball. The rowing comment was obviously a joke but honestly are you saying you'd take a women's NC over an Elite 8 appearance by your men's team or a BCS Bowl?

Your post implies you'd take an NC in women's basketball over an Elite 8 appearance by your men's team. Making an BCS bowl is roughly equivalent an achievement as making the Elite 8/Final 4 in basketball. The rowing comment was obviously a joke but honestly are you saying you'd take a women's NC over an Elite 8 appearance by your men's team or a BCS Bowl?

Football isn't basketball. I don't know what else I can say. The originl premise was elite 8.

Yes I would take the womens title over the men going to the elite 8

Is this a serious question?

I'd take making the NCAAT and losing by 80 over your LV scenario.

OK on hindsight maybe I should have used the sweet 16 intead of Elite 8 for scenario 1. I just picked Elite 8 because they made it last year with (IMO) a much more deserving team. This year's team has been nothing short of infuriating to watch and follow. I can tell you this much - as frustrating as it's been if they don't make the tourney or get bounced in the 1st round by 80 I won't be nearly as upset as I was when they lost to Michican State last year. They can lie in the bed they made.

I do think you are way off base with your comment about making the tourney and losing by 80 being better than a lady Vol victory over UConn. I respect that you just don't follow or care about women's baskeball, but I don't see a majority of Vol fans agreeing with that. Maybe I'm wrong...

OK on hindsight maybe I should have used the sweet 16 intead of Elite 8 for scenario 1. I just picked Elite 8 because they made it last year with (IMO) a much more deserving team. This year's team has been nothing short of infuriating to watch and follow. I can tell you this much - as frustrating as it's been if they don't make the tourney or get bounced in the 1st round by 80 I won't be nearly as upset as I was when they lost to Michican State last year. They can lie in the bed they made.

I do think you are way off base with your comment about making the tourney and losing by 80 being better than a lady Vol victory over UConn. I respect that you just don't follow or care about women's baskeball, but I don't see a majority of Vol fans agreeing with that. Maybe I'm wrong...[/QUOTE]

No, you're not wrong.

Ya'll hate women. :ph34r:

LOL Threads like these...

But seriously, I imagine ya'll hate your Mommas also, and are complete chauvinistic, "Get in the kitchen and make me a 'mater sandwich" idiots. :lol:

Without Pat Summit and the Lady Vol basketball legacy the University would not be the powerhouse sports school that it is.

Football isn't basketball. I don't know what else I can say. The originl premise was elite 8.Yes I would take the womens title over the men going to the elite 8

I never said it was, I was making a comparison. You obviously think making a BCS Bowl is bigger than the women winning the NC in basketball, and my point is the men making the Elite 8 is also bigger than the women winnin the NC.

VN Store

Back