NO Heart and NO Leader

CA_Vol

This team plays with absolutely no heart. They are lazy and seemingly uninterested in turning this season around. How many times do we have to see our "offense" with five guys standing around passsing the ball back and forth up top and just launch a poor shot when the shot clock becomes an issue. Nobody is wanting to lead this team and certainly neither Hopson nor Harris are unwilling to step-up and lead this team.

And if see Steven Pearl get the ball take two steps and just launch the ball towards the general direction of the goal, I'm going to lose my mind. We have SERIOUS offense problems and Pearl only makes them worse. It's like playing 4 v 5 when he's in the game offensively.

Good luck Vols because unless some major character flaws and scheme problems are addressed in the SEC tourney, we will have zero chance of making a run in the NCAA tourney.

Last edited:
Crying-Pearl.jpg

This team plays with absolutely no heart. They are lazy and seemingly uninterested in turning this season around. How many times do we have to see our "offense" with five guys standing around passsing the ball back and forth up top and just launch a poor shot when the shot clock becomes an issue. Nobody is wanting to lead this team and certainly neither Hopson nor Harris are unwilling to step-up and lead this team.

And if see Steven Pearl get the ball take two steps and just launch the ball towards the general direction of the goal, I'm going to lose my mind. We have SERIOUS offense problems and Pearl only makes them worse. It's like playing 4 v 5 when he's in the game offensively.

Good luck Vols because unless some major character flaws and scheme problems are addressed in the SEC tourney, we will have zero chance of making a run in the NCAA tourney.
You have to defend pearl because he is one of the only ones playing with heart right now! If everyone was more like pearl in the sense of hustle then this team would be alot better
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Sad because everyone knows when Pearl is going to shoot. If hes back on the wing and everyone is covered, you can hear people screaming to shoot it. He'll drive a few steps and then launch it lol. If he has a break away, he does that same tired up and under move and mosst of the time it's blocked. Pearl has grown on me though and he's did more good things for the team than bad. Without Williams today was key IMO.

These "no heart" threads are lame. We played hard. They played hard. The ball bounced their way today and they won.

You're right, somebody needs to step up and make a play for us. Are we an immature team with tons of issues? Yes. But other than the top 4 or 5 teams in the country, who isn't?

This team is very capable of putting it all together, we've all seen it. We are also very capable of losing our cool at the end of games. But to say that these guys have "no heart" or "don't want it" or whatever other vague cliche that people say after a loss is just absurd. The season isn't over. Chill out and enjoy the tournament.

if you think that then you know nothing about BB

Why? The heart thing is overplayed. We have little toughness or willingness to do the small things it takes to win at crunch time. Some of that is just ignorance. We aren't told and / or made to do the right things.

These "no heart" threads are lame. We played hard. They played hard. The ball bounced their way today and they won.

You're right, somebody needs to step up and make a play for us. Are we an immature team with tons of issues? Yes. But other than the top 4 or 5 teams in the country, who isn't?

This team is very capable of putting it all together, we've all seen it. We are also very capable of losing our cool at the end of games. But to say that these guys have "no heart" or "don't want it" or whatever other vague cliche that people say after a loss is just absurd. The season isn't over. Chill out and enjoy the tournament.

+1

If the team didnt have heart they would have completely collapsed with all the distractions.

Why? The heart thing is overplayed. We have little toughness or willingness to do the small things it takes to win at crunch time. Some of that is just ignorance. We aren't told and / or made to do the right things.

Thanks. I was golfing and didn't have time to elaborate.

You can have the heart.
I'll settle for a couple more shooters.
Or scorers would be more like it.

Good Post..I think the craziest game I have ever witnessed a team not be able to hit layups. We could of won that game by thirty. And rebounds. (bad bounces)

Here is what I will say about our team...Its difficult to watch this season, with the reality looming of Hopson and Harris' leaving being a very real possibility...

It just looks grim, lol. We have hardly any foundation to grow from going into next year if those two players leave.

Its a team where Tatum is a senior leader...where Hall is a seasoned Junior...and where Skylar Mcbee leads the team to victories.

O god.

no heart, no leader???? soon no coach.....therefore no focus....thats probable the biggest problem...

This is BS when you say that we played with no heart. Especially Pearl. Problem is, you can play hard and with heart all you want, but if you can't shoot and make baskets you are going to lose to good or even average teams. I grant you that is seemed that every 50-50 ball went to Kentucky, but we just are terrible shot makers.

VN Store

Back