Misses in Basketball Recruiting

cbrown

TN has gotten little to no production out of several recent Rivals 100 recruits such as Woolridge, Hall, Jurick, McRae (I realize he is only a freshman). Do you believe the miss rate is higher for TN on these higher profile recruits than other schools?

TN has gotten little to no production out of several recent Rivals 100 recruits such as Woolridge, Hall, Jurick, McRae (I realize he is only a freshman). Do you believe the miss rate is higher for TN on these higher profile recruits than other schools?

Man, where was I? I had no idea Swiperboy was a rivals 100!

Some kids are great in high school....but never pan out when around talent as good or better than them when they hit college. Just like in football....ask Bryce Brown.

Yeah I think our misses have hurt us as you can see with this team. We only have to players we can count on to score and teams know that

McRae shouldn't be classified as a miss. He was the leading scorer on our team during practices in the summer and hasn't really gotten a chance to play. He will more than likely be starting next year. Hall also had a good fr year and will be thrown into the post next year, so don't write those guys off yet. Woolridge underperformed no doubt, Jurick left before the end of his fr. year.

McRae should eventually pan out way better than any of the others listed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Memphis supposedly had such a great recruiting class and look at them. Pitiful. Coaching goes a long way.

basketball recruiting is more of an inexact science than football recruiting (also an inexact science).

to use the nba draft as an example, look out how hard it is to get a truly great player not taken in the draft lottery portion of the draft.

the top, top, top guys coming out of high school are usually locks to be good players.

but, 6'2 guards are everywhere.......just as an example. so, the 25th ranked point guard and 50th ranked point guard don't have as much separation as one might think.

that's where coaching and player work ethic are a big deal.

Pearl is always going to be hit with the "not developing players" your "not going into the league" until some of these guys put up big numbers and get drafted. That's why I said Tobias was very important to Pearl. If he turned out to suck, that's laid on Pearl 99% of the time with everyone saying, "If he went to Cuse, UK or anywhere, he'd be pro by now". We'll see.

Mcbee was givin a scholly for his 3 pt shooting.... News flash lil Summitt could prob hit as many.... we missed on not gettin Aaron Craft.. we miss a shooter no one respects our range.. cause we suck

Mcbee was givin a scholly for his 3 pt shooting.... News flash lil Summitt could prob hit as many.... we missed on not gettin Aaron Craft.. we miss a shooter no one respects our range.. cause we suck

They respect it, thats why we never get good shots off.

Hall did show bright signs but he has glaring weaknesses he has to improve offensively. He has to stop putting the ball on the floor in the post when he gets a loose ball or rebound. The coaching staff needs to address this immediately because opposing coaches are going to be all over it. Gotta go up strong, or pump fake then up immediately. When he has his back to the basket he is very dangerous and has a couple post moves that are legit.

Agree with missing on Craft hurting us big time. If Tatum wasn't injured all year he would have been better. He showed some real explosiveness last year that he just hasn't been able to show this year. Woolridge and Hall have been worthless. I think BWill ended up being a solid recruit for us because there wasn't much to expect coming in. Haven't recruited a SG or PG worth anything since Pearl has been here (We'll see if Golden or McRae prove that wrong, but I have a feeling Pearl won't be around to find out).

he had a few good plays offensively today. he just needs to stop putting the ball on the floor. He was a hell of a lot better today than he has been in the past.

With the min he gets Hall makes the best of it.. Seriously he is our best post scorer.. Were is the Maymon scorer the team raved about before he became eligible.. Give Hall more mins and he could explode.. it takes playing time to get in the flow of the game

Is this a serious statement? Kenny Hall is worthless, dude.

It seems like Halls biggest problem is that he is about 3/4 the athlete Brittney Griner is. His cinder block feet are a liability. He needs to learn to beat people using footwork and positioning, not athleticism.

It seems like Halls biggest problem is that he is about 3/4 the athlete Brittney Griner is. His cinder block feet are a liability. He needs to learn to beat people using footwork and positioning, not athleticism.

Lol... she is twice the athelete as most bigs in the ncaa.. oh and have u heard her talk.. scary

Jurick was definitely a miss. Hall and McRae have enough time left to change your view of them. Hall will play a lot next year, and McRae should.
While Woolridge hasn't really done much (outside of Kansas last year), I think that's as much on the coaching, timing, and situation as it is him simply not performing. He got shifted around and wasn't able to get any game time. I think he will surprise a lot of people next year. I'm not going to claim he'll be a 20 and 10 guy, but I believe he will have a solid season.

Have not heard her speak. Is it Mutumbo scary?
Its the Man With The Golden Voice scary
lol...wrong or not, that's just funny :lolabove:

Isn't the point of having "athleticism", is to be able to establish position by using footwork that is better than the openent ?:unsure:

VN Store

Back