Posssible Replacements for Coach Pearl

SWGAVOL

Young Coaches on the rise What it would take to get them

Travis Ford -OSU 2.5 Million

Anthony Grant-BAMA 3.0 Million

Buzz Williams-Marquette 2.0 Million

Brad Stevens- Butler 2.0 Million

Scott Drew- Baylor 2.0 Million

Yeah, Ford and Drew are exactly the guys a program coming off an NCAA hidestrapping should look to. Why not throw Jim Harrick and Dave Bliss in the mix?

No thanks to Ford and Drew.

Thinking same thing! Anthony Grant please! Marshall would be on list too. Doubt Stevens would come. Would love Jay Wright or Jamie Dixon but doubt either or realistic possibilities.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah, Ford and Drew are exactly the guys a program coming off an NCAA hidestrapping should look to. Why not throw Jim Harrick and Dave Bliss in the mix?

Why be like that? Don't want to be rude but perhaps the guy isn't aware of their issues. Just don't get thy these responses are neccessary. Not evryone has your knowledge(that is a compliment not sarcasm)

help me out, what has ford and drew done that would make them risky. I have not heard.

help me out, what has ford and drew done that would make them risky. I have not heard.
Ford has recruited a bunch of reprobates and has a staff filled with rouge vagabonds. They're a compliance disaster waiting to happen.

Drew has already hired an AAU coach in a failed attempt to get John Wall and the 'AA is already snooping around Waco.

I don't know much on For, but Drew has a rep and Baylor has their own NCAA issues. An asst coach accused of threatening a recruit in some ways to go to Baylor. No way a Baylor team hit as hard as they were could attract that kind of talent as quickly as they did. Drew isn't respected at all from what I know, and I don't know a whole lot

Ford has recruited a bunch of reprobates and has a staff filled with rouge vagabonds. They're a compliance disaster waiting to happen.

Drew has already hired an AAU coach in a failed attempt to get John Wall and the 'AA is already snooping around Waco.

What he said. Haha. I didn't know all specifics.

Why be like that? Don't want to be rude but perhaps the guy isn't aware of their issues. Just don't get thy these responses are neccessary. Not evryone has your knowledge(that is a compliment not sarcasm)
That wasn't a shot at the original poster. I was simply, as I do at every opportunity, pointing out that Ford and Drew are even bigger slimeballs than Pearl.

Thanks for the Info, and lets cross them off the list.
we don't need a Kiffin to USC hire do we.

Can we please stop these speculation threads about Pearl.... he's still the coach and has not been fired as of yet. Why don't you wait until something actually happens? Let's talk about possible replacements for Mike Hamilton.

Hat, if "tanning bed" :) is fired or whatever, what would be the chances UT would go after Tim Floyd or even Andy Kennedy?

That wasn't a shot at the original poster. I was simply, as I do at every opportunity, pointing out that Ford and Drew are even bigger slimeballs than Pearl.

Fair enough. I took it wrong. Apologies.

I think the fact that UK hasn't come after Ford when they had 2 chances, says something about him. I don't know one UK fan that has even had remote interest in him.

Can we please stop these speculation threads about Pearl.... he's still the coach and has not been fired as of yet. Why don't you wait until something actually happens? Let's talk about possible replacements for Mike Hamilton.

Based on past NCAA record there is a 95% chance that Coach Pearl will be out of coaching for the next 2 yrs. We need to wake up to this fact. He will be gone at the end of the season. 19 out of 20 people who have receive the same charge as coach pearl were not permitted to work for a ncaa school for 2 years!! those are the facts.

Mike Anderson - Mizzou
Jay Wright - Vilanova

Two coaches I'd want

Based on past NCAA record there is a 95% chance that Coach Pearl will be out of coaching for the next 2 yrs. We need to wake up to this fact. He will be gone at the end of the season. 19 out of 20 people who have receive the same charge as coach pearl were not permitted to work for a ncaa school for 2 years!! those are the facts.

Logic. Facts. I love it. Now wait to be accused of not being a real fan and liking Buzzball, it's coming. Happened to me all day

Hat - who are some realistic options in your opinion? Have you heard any names mentioned? Given his track record, it seems that Hamilton (if he's still here) will likely go after a mid-major coach.

No realistic options. Pearl will be our coach. Like it or not. Sorry. Feel free to cheer for Villanova, Baylor, OSU, Alabama, or whoever it is. Thanks! Pearl will not be gone!

No realistic options. Pearl will be our coach. Like it or not. Sorry. Feel free to cheer for Villanova, Baylor, OSU, Alabama, or whoever it is. Thanks! Pearl will not be gone!

Haha. Never fails. Based on what?

I used to think Pearl was going to be back, but from what I'm hearing it sounds like the NCAA is going to make an example out of Pearl. If he's suspended for a year by the NCAA, Hamilton will have no choice but to let him go. Too much pressure from his bosses.

I think we'll make a strong run at someone like Chris Mack (Xavier HC and Xavier alum).

Hat - who are some realistic options in your opinion? Have you heard any names mentioned? Given his track record, it seems that Hamilton (if he's still here) will likely go after a mid-major coach.
It really depends when the hypothetical change is made. The list of candidates would be much larger and more attractive if the change is made in March rather than over the summer.

VN Store

Back