The Streak

utvols95

Living in Nashville, all I hear about is Vandy's NCAA-leading streak of a game with a made three-pointer. So does anyone know what our streak is of a game with a made three-pointer? When was the last time we didn't make a three in a game?

That's the best they can come up with to brag about? Scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't we Vandy?

That's the best they can come up with to brag about? Scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't we Vandy?

I know. Every first three of the game for them, the PA announcer says"The Streak Continues!"

What's funny about it is that if VU doesnt hit a three in the first 4 minutes or so, all the fans get nervous

I know. Every first three of the game for them, the PA announcer says"The Streak Continues!"

What's funny about it is that if VU doesnt hit a three in the first 4 minutes or so, all the fans get nervous

That's kinda pitiful.

Commadork fans are a joke! They will probably make a t-shirt and a dvd with the dates of every 3 pointer hit on the shirt and have the highlights of every 3 on the dvd... Pathetic bunch of tea sipping silver spoon fed justin beiber haircut wearing pricks... GO VOLS!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Living in Nashville, all I hear about is Vandy's NCAA-leading streak of a game with a made three-pointer. So does anyone know what our streak is of a game with a made three-pointer? When was the last time we didn't make a three in a game?

I clicked on this thread by mistake... sorry thought it was about people running naked...opps

How big is the streak?

IIRC, Vandy has made a three-point field goal in every game since the three-pointer was introduced. I don't know how many games that is.

EDIT: From wiki, so take it for what it is worth:

Vanderbilt is one of only three teams to make a 3-point field goal in every game since the rule was implemented in the 1986-87 season.[6] The other two teams to do so are Princeton and UNLV. As of halfway though the 2010-11 season, the Commodores have made a 3-point shot in 786 consecutive games.

i mean yeah, thats interesting, but not really something i would brag about. Interesting fact to bring up in conversation though.

Pretty impressive. You know if it were us, we would brag too

IIRC, Vandy has made a three-point field goal in every game since the three-pointer was introduced. I don't know how many games that is.

EDIT: From wiki, so take it for what it is worth:

Vanderbilt is one of only three teams to make a 3-point field goal in every game since the rule was implemented in the 1986-87 season.[6] The other two teams to do so are Princeton and UNLV. As of halfway though the 2010-11 season, the Commodores have made a 3-point shot in 786 consecutive games.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing a basketball game without a 3 being made..this is kinda ridiculous

The 3 point field goal turned 25 this year so I guess the streak is 25 years. Pretty crazy stat actually.

The 3 point field goal turned 25 this year so I guess the streak is 25 years. Pretty crazy stat actually.

I don't think it was for HS ball. I don't remember it my jr yr in '87 because i'd get yanked for launching. Didn't get yanked in '88. Long time ago though. I could be wrong.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing a basketball game without a 3 being made..this is kinda ridiculous

I try to explain this to Vandy fans but most Vandy fans I know are pretty hard headed and refuse to listen to logic... and Tennessee fans are supposed to be the obnoxious ones

VN Store

Back