BB Recruiting

TennesseePride

I haven't kept up much with recruiting for basketball..

Are Jones and Ware the only two we are planning to sign for 11' and are we in on any good prospects for 12'

We are defintely going to need some "bigs" after next season

Lekan Ajayi 6-11 240 No Star from Africa but Highly Recruited

Brooks 6-8 215 Ga 3 star

Harper 6-8 226 Va 3 star

Stan Simpson 6-10 235 Not Rated but a JC player who is Highly recruited

We need another Guard as well, either a PG or SG in my opinion.

We need some "bigs" for next season, but there doesn't appear to be any quality players left that would fit that need.

We're also gonna need a coach after this season in all likelihood... (sadly, IMO)

I think we keep CBP.....of course no one knows for sure but now that some of the smoke is clearing and people are able to look at this with a little calmness....Bruce is starting to get some support from others in the business.... justifying what he did? No. Never. But you deal with it and move on....Shoot, my minister told me he cheated on a test in seminary years ago....confessed it to the professor...made it right....and moved on....He learned a valuable lesson....let's calmly wait and see if we need a new head coach...For all Bruce has done for the Vol program....he at the very least deserves that....Heck our political leaders make a habit of it and we exalt them...constantly...I for one hope he survives and becomes better than before...

I think we keep CBP.....of course no one knows for sure but now that some of the smoke is clearing and people are able to look at this with a little calmness....Bruce is starting to get some support from others in the business.... justifying what he did? No. Never. But you deal with it and move on....Shoot, my minister told me he cheated on a test in seminary years ago....confessed it to the professor...made it right....and moved on....He learned a valuable lesson....let's calmly wait and see if we need a new head coach...For all Bruce has done for the Vol program....he at the very least deserves that....Heck our political leaders make a habit of it and we exalt them...constantly...I for one hope he survives and becomes better than before...

I see your point and I wish that I could believe that the NCAA could be as forgiving as a seminary pastor/professor. I just don't see it. The NCAA is going to (IMO) lump basketball, football, and baseball allegations all in one neat little package, and the slap Hammy with a "lack of institutional control" penalty, which could temporarily cripple us. We'll see what happens, I guess.

Jones and Ware are our only commitments. Not much recruiting at the present due to imposed restrictions limiting coaches to on campus only.

I think we are done with 2011. The bp stuff hurt the chances of us getting any other players. I guess with no bigs, we can go back to the full court press.

When does 2012 players start to committ? It seems like Jones and Ware have been committed for over 2 years.

It's imperative to get a big man. If I had to guess Tennessee will offer Lekan Ajayi. Sean Miller is going hard after him right now, though.

Most of our coaches, other than Pearl can now recruit off-campus. Their suspensions were for half a season, 6 months or something similar.

Yup, we are done. Kenny Hall will be are only center. I love the idea of Maymon being our backup center next year.

It's imperative to get a big man. If I had to guess Tennessee will offer Lekan Ajayi. Sean Miller is going hard after him right now, though.

He's the best of the lot, but I'm not sure good enough to step in a contribute significantly next year.

My hope is that Kenny Hall starts eating roids and becomes our 5 next year.

Yeah maymon probably won't like the idea of him being back at the 5 spot (supposedly the reason he left marquette) but if we go to a more run and jump press again like we had at the beginning of bruce's tenure I can see him doing ok in that role. He just doesn't have the quickness or skills or apparently give the effort to play on the perimeter. Steven Pearl has less physical tools and is playing ahead of him because he plays harder and makes the guys around him better.

One of our staff members went and watched Stan Simpson this past week. Kentucky is watching him soon as well.

One of our staff members went and watched Stan Simpson this past week. Kentucky is watching him soon as well.
Simpson is the best player of that group and it's not really close. Of course, he's also a pain in the ass.

We're also gonna need a coach after this season in all likelihood... (sadly, IMO)

Why do people keep saying this? The NCAA can't fire Bruce Pearl, they can only suspend him. If he was going to lose his job, he would have already.

Why do people keep saying this? The NCAA can't fire Bruce Pearl, they can only suspend him. If he was going to lose his job, he would have already.

Not true. Where is he gonna go while this is still pending? Thats a stupid claim.

VN Store

Back