2745 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Transfer Rob Murphy. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like Rob Murphy has been brought up on VN. A 6'7, 230 ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
GBO or GTFO
 
Chris4Vols22's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 12,490
Likes: 2,734
Transfer Rob Murphy

I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like Rob Murphy has been brought up on VN.

A 6'7, 230 lb. junior forward transfer from Lipscomb. He's currently sitting out the season, basic transfer rule blah blah blah. His stats aren't impressive from his first two seasons at Lipscomb.

The only story I could find online:
TNJN - Murphy looks for fresh start with Vols
Chris4Vols22 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
This We'll Defend
 
Yankee_Vol's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: JBER, AK
Posts: 65,602
Likes: 9,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4Vols22 View Post
I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like Rob Murphy has been brought up on VN.

A 6'7, 230 lb. junior forward transfer from Lipscomb. He's currently sitting out the season, basic transfer rule blah blah blah.His stats aren't impressive from his first two seasons at Lipscomb.

The only story I could find online:
TNJN - Murphy looks for fresh start with Vols
Good reason why he wasn't mentioned probably
Yankee_Vol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VolBalla2014's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Sanders
Posts: 2,270
Likes: 471
I don't think the guy is looking for playing time. He went to Brentwood academy and a lot of his friends went to UTK and he wanted to do that instead. Heck, if i was good enough to get a bunch of personalized gear and shoes, even without play, I would too.
VolBalla2014 is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
STL Vol Fan's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 216
Likes: 48
First I had heard. Thanks for the link.
STL Vol Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
This We'll Defend
 
Yankee_Vol's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: JBER, AK
Posts: 65,602
Likes: 9,137
Good article though
Yankee_Vol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Give me 3 more!!!
 
TennesseeFan07's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,357
Likes: 361
He'll be looking good sitting on the far end of the bench.
TennesseeFan07 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FredWhite2's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bucksnort, TN
Posts: 451
Likes: 999
saw this kid play several times in high school at Brentwood Academy in Nashville.... this is embarrassing to know we have made a spot for him. Nothing against him personally, but he didnt hardly play/be productive at Lipscomb. He was average as a bigger player in high school, and if he sees the court, it will be worse than watching steven pearl play
FredWhite2 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 907
Likes: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBalla2014 View Post
I don't think the guy is looking for playing time. He went to Brentwood academy and a lot of his friends went to UTK and he wanted to do that instead. Heck, if i was good enough to get a bunch of personalized gear and shoes, even without play, I would too.
We currently have three guys on our team here in Memphis that walked on for this reason (one rejected a scholly from SIU). None of them expected to see any legit minutes. Our coach has applauded them big time for their work in practice as a "scout team" to help the starters prepare. Two of them were awarded scholarships last year for their hard work in practice and one is even getting some quality minutes now.

Its always good to have guys like that on the team as long as they are willing to walk on or you have an extra scholly.
homefry20 is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
EE dbl S E Dbl N E T !!!
 
RedStickVOL's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zachary, LA
Posts: 808
Likes: 141
I saw him on the roster about a month ago and brought it up inside another thread. Got about the same response.

Meh.
__________________
“Believe me, this country [Florida] has been greatly overrated. One acre of our fine Tennessee land is worth a thousand here.”

Rachel Donelson Jackson quotes (American First Lady, The wife of Pres Andrew Jackson, 1767-1828)
RedStickVOL is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Solid Verbal
 
GoVols2003's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,246
Likes: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWhite2 View Post
saw this kid play several times in high school at Brentwood Academy in Nashville.... this is embarrassing to know we have made a spot for him. Nothing against him personally, but he didnt hardly play/be productive at Lipscomb. He was average as a bigger player in high school, and if he sees the court, it will be worse than watching steven pearl play
Brah, chill. They did not give him a scholarship. Dude is an extra body to beat on and simulate other teams in practice. If anything, he is probably raising the team GPA. In return, he is getting to enjoy the ride, learn more about basketball, and getting something to put on his resume.
GoVols2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IndianaVolunteer's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 1,152
Likes: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols2003 View Post
Brah, chill. They did not give him a scholarship. Dude is an extra body to beat on and simulate other teams in practice. If anything, he is probably raising the team GPA. In return, he is getting to enjoy the ride, learn more about basketball, and getting something to put on his resume.

Well said sir
IndianaVolunteer is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Boom. +14. Moby Dick.

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cuonzoxville.
Posts: 29,256
Likes: 985
Going for a graduate assistant gig. Kudos to him!
PoochPunt3rdDown is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BasketvolsFan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,623
Likes: 41
With the state of our post game and the likelihood of no more recruits this year, I would not count out that he won't see playing time. Any one that can do anything at the post position is likely to be playing, at least some off the bench..
BasketvolsFan is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
GBO or GTFO
 
Chris4Vols22's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 12,490
Likes: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketvolsFan View Post
With the state of our post game and the likelihood of no more recruits this year, I would not count out that he won't see playing time. Any one that can do anything at the post position is likely to be playing, at least some off the bench..
I was thinking the same.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Chris4Vols22 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27