"Improved refs" hurting the game

tvols75

Was watching a spotscenter special on how the refs have a point of emphasis of calling it by the book this year. In this marathon on the ESPN networks, I've never in my life seen as many foul calls in games. This TN game is no exception. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Players will adapt or they will just stop calling things. It will work out either way.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree. I noticed this last night in the Memphis - Miami game. Kind of sick of watching this UT game with all the whitles but I guess I can keep it on for a bit longer.

this one ref seems like he just wants the attention....he is strutting after making the call. I HATE refs like that.

I agree. I noticed this last night in the Memphis - Miami game. Kind of sick of watching this UT game with all the whites but I guess I can keep it on for a bit longer.

Racist
Posted via VolNation Mobile

rofl, that's great on the call out though. Picky refs and picky ass readers......j/p :D

no official in any sport should seek attention. a good official is not supposed to be noticed. that one nfl ref who flexes when he signals a first down comes to mind.

I thought there were some ticky tack fouls; however those illegal screen calls on us were good calls.

Yea it was kinda ridiculous last night in memphis game. I think both teams shot over 70 free throws combined.

The games are taking about 15-30 minutes longer to compete. The fouls really bog down the tempo of the game as well.

It's getting ridiculous already.

I thought there were some ticky tack fouls; however those illegal screen calls on us were good calls.

Not sure which ones you are talking about, but there were definitely a couple of questionable ones at the top of the key. Anytime a defender tripped over the screener's leg they assumed he moved, but he didn't...

Not sure which ones you are talking about, but there were definitely a couple of questionable ones at the top of the key. Anytime a defender tripped over the screener's leg they assumed he moved, but he didn't...

Harris moved into the guy on the screen. I thought the one on Fields was a good call because Golden didn't go off the screen tight enough. This resulted in Fields basically tripping the guy.

Harris moved into the guy on the ballscreen at the top of the key. I thought the one on Fields was a good call because Golden didn't go off the screen tight enough. This resulted in Fields basically tripping the guy.

59 fouls in the game

That's one foul every 40 seconds.

The radio guys said that it seemed like the game wasn't played a single minute without a foul. They were actually probably right, just looking at the average.

Same crew in Gainesville would have made a much closer game.

Florida got called for blocking fouls with feet set and out of the cylinder about 7 times, and OSU had about 3 no call charges, a few that the announcers cried about. It was pretty stunning.

Matta is a snitch, but he is also a guy who the refs follow after only maybe Coach K. Oden has blood on his shirt, every ref who has worked in freaking high school games knows that means he cannot be in the game, but they let him play.

Rat bastards.

VN Store

Back