Apologies, coaches and players.

For that sorry excuse of an effort last night, everybody from the head coach on down to the trainers should walk out on the court before the UTC game,especially Scotty Hopson and apologize to all Vol fans. Wade Houston came close but this is the worst I have seen in my 54 years of following Tennessee basketball. I realize that we are not the first it has happened to and we can turn it around,but will we? It remains to be seen and I hope I will never see this again. I will still remain loyal to my Vols as I did through Wade, Jerry and Buzz. GBOB:eek:hmy:

I'm sure they feel like they owe you an explanation and apology for the way they performed last night. C'mon man....

For that sorry excuse of an effort last night, everybody from the head coach on down to the trainers should walk out on the court before the UTC game,especially Scotty Hopson and apologize to all Vol fans. Wade Houston came close but this is the worst I have seen in my 54 years of following Tennessee basketball. I realize that we are not the first it has happened to and we can turn it around,but will we? It remains to be seen and I hope I will never see this again. I will still remain loyal to my Vols as I did through Wade, Jerry and Buzz. GBOB:eek:hmy:
I'm sure they will get right on that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The players don't owe us anything but a better effort in the next game. They're not indentured servants having to fess up to the ticket owners for an exhibition game loss.

The coaches on the other hand, they already owe the fans multiple apologies that will only be accepted as time goes by and wins mount...

i was very upset last night at the effort in the game, but i got over it today. i'm sure that come friday, our vols will come out will a new attitude and beat u t c with a great effort. our guard play must improve, but i feel as though it will. :rock: :rock: :eek:k: :eek:k:

OP's a drama queen. I'd rather the team focus on getting better than formulating a staged apology to placate an ego that was bruised through vicariousity.

It was worse than that bad.

Honestly, I want to know if those of you who are calling this the worst game we have ever played actually watched. Not highlights. The only thing the players need to apologize for is the free throw percentage. That was awful. Also, we looked sloppy and careless, but it was not terrible. Another note, did anyone else notice the atrocious refereeing? it was almost laughable. Brian Williams's injury is huge and i hope he makes a full and quick recovery, the inside game needs to be explored more. Williams and Fields only attempted 1 shot each. The guards need to get the ball in the paint and let our Bigs do their job and post up and crash the boards. You guys do not need to insult the team that represents you or say i'm not a true fan because I have hope. Contrary to popular belief, it is okay for you to be happy with your team. We have a 0-0 record and after Friday we will be undefeated.

:bad: so silly.

The players don't owe us anything but a better effort in the next game. They're not indentured servants having to fess up to the ticket owners for an exhibition game loss.

The coaches on the other hand, they already owe the fans multiple apologies that will only be accepted as time goes by and wins mount...

This.
Now shut up #92 ya troll

I'm sure they feel like they owe you an explanation and apology for the way they performed last night. C'mon man....
Where did I say they owe me. I said all Vol fans. I'm not stupid and I don't expect it to happen. That was the worst effort (almost) that I have ever seen out of a Vol team or an individual player (Hopson). They played like Williams is back in the dope business(which I really hope he's not) and were a total embarrassment to all Vol basketball fans everywhere (you should see the ridicule on Catspause and Rivals free basketball board). Kensucky fans are bad enough when we're winning. I don't like it and neither should you.:finger3:

Last edited:
Where did I say they owe me. I said all Vol fans. I'm not stupid and I don't expect it to happen. That was the worst effort (almost) that I have ever seen out of a Vol team or an individual player (Hopson). They played like Williams is back in the dope business(which I really hope he's not) and were a total embarrassment to all Vol basketball fans everywhere (you should see the ridicule on Catapause and Rivals free basketball board). Kensucky fans are bad enough when we're winning. I don't like it and neither should you.:finger3:

Yeah, you're right. What rival fans say on message boards has always been one of the barometers of reality I've employed. Especially Volnation.

Where did I say they owe me. I said all Vol fans. I'm not stupid and I don't expect it to happen. That was the worst effort (almost) that I have ever seen out of a Vol team or an individual player (Hopson). They played like Williams is back in the dope business(which I really hope he's not) and were a total embarrassment to all Vol basketball fans everywhere (you should see the ridicule on Catspause and Rivals free basketball board). Kensucky fans are bad enough when we're winning. I don't like it and neither should you.:finger3:

Let em talk. I'm pretty sure they got upset by Gardner Webb a couple of years ago and that game might of actually counted (don't remember for sure). I think Bruce thought it was a good chance to test some of the untested guys. If you notice, Tobias was on the bench for a while in the second half. Golden, McBee, McRae all got a lot of time. I think Bruce really wanted to get the young guys some game action. Let them make mistakes when it doesn't count.

coming from the same guy that hates Rocky Top and says if you like it you are a redneck

they-see-me-trollin-trollin-hatin-internet-troll-demotivational-poster-1284530427.png

Be quiet and go back to your room, Grandpa!

UT '70

VN Store

Back