SEC Media Preseason Poll has........

Just read this too. This is a complete joke being 7th overall. I'll choose to go with Athlon's preseason ranking of 14th in the country and 2nd in the SEC over this BS.

Georgia and Florida both have to prove it and don't deserve their SEC East predictions. I guess we have to live with Kentucky forever being ranked high until one of their Freshman classes fails miserably. The media thinks that KY can just re-load with Freshmen every year and do what they did last year. Won't happen every year.

does anyone out there think this prediction is based on what may happen to this team if we are put on probation ? i think it is. they probably feel as though we will go in the tank if this happens. if this is the case, i feel it will come true and we will . if it isnot based on that, the only other explanation is too many questions about our team have to be answered. i can't see us the 7th bset team in the sec. we have too much(although unproven) talent to do this. i see us no worse than 4th overall but i guess we'll see. :salute: :good!: :popcorn:

Really surprised to see Georgia ahead of us, although I do think they'll be pretty good this year.

For those too lazy to click on links....

UFmenshoopspickedtowinSEC-Gainesvillecom_1287444299917.png

Last edited:
I don't really think that UGA is overrated. I think they are exactly where they should be. They scared a lot of good teams both on their home court and away as well. They return virtually every impact player plus a top 25 recruiting class. They are going to be legit this year.

12 year old me really cared about preseason polls and thought sportswriters had real insight. 33 year old me realizes this is a meaningless exercise in sticking it to Tennessee. Please don't bother yourself with this poll, Griffith or "Doyel Rulez". All a bunch of worthless bull****.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't really think that UGA is overrated. I think they are exactly where they should be. They scared a lot of good teams both on their home court and away as well. They return virtually every impact player plus a top 25 recruiting class. They are going to be legit this year.

Yeah, but they also lost to a lot of bad teams at home.

Their main reason for being great is Thompkins and Leslie, but they had both guys playing at a very high level already last year, and it didn't put them in the running.

I'm intrigued by Georgia, but I need to see consistent W's.

Firstly, they do NOT have a top 25 recruiting class... us, on the other hand are #9!

UGA will be decent, but will not be better than us! Same goes for Florida!

thought this was REdiculous coming off an elite 8 year when we've replaced everyone we've lost and them some. mel fits in fine at pg, tobias is gonna kill where wayne was, big baby has had alot of hype this year about the work he put in this summer, we get maymon and fields... worthy of a better ranking than 4th in the east. that's fine though because preseason polls aren't worth a crap.

Georgia and Florida both have to prove it and don't deserve their SEC East predictions. I guess we have to live with Kentucky forever being ranked high until one of their Freshman classes fails miserably. The media thinks that KY can just re-load with Freshmen every year and do what they did last year. Won't happen every year.

Won't happen this year.

does anyone else think brandon knight being voted 1st team SEC is a little much? no chance he does what john wall did last year.

does anyone else think brandon knight being voted 1st team SEC is a little much? no chance he does what john wall did last year.

He doen't have to do what Wall did lasty year to make the 1st team SEC. Multiple Freshmen make all conference teams every year, and the frequency in which is happens is growing.

Its a pre season ranking, take it with a grain of salt.

VN Store

Back