"Softball" Griffith Garners So Much Respect Nationwide

LawVol13

Found this gem on TOS, and it was too good to pass up posting.

From Gregg Doyel's Twitter

@mgrif32 You don't write like a sportswriter. You write worse. You don't read like a sportswriter, either. You read like a fanatic. I do believe you're an idiot, Mike. Can't wait to meet you.

volwarrior_33 from VN posted this on VQ.

Last edited:
I'm not one to do the whole "I've always liked this sportswriter/columnist/analyst thread".

But I have always liked Greg Doyel.

Dear Gregg Doyel: STFU already, man! - Stampede Blue

Gregg Doyel Is A Rather Disagreeable Little Fellow

Who's No. 1? Hopefully, neither team in Columbus on Sunday - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com

His basketball writing is a bit better than Gary Parrish, which makes it a 2 on a scale of total suck to 10 which is sports-writing that is excellent.

He is a small person both literally and metaphorically. It would be fun to fist fight him for charity, or shoot, I would enjoy doing it for free. Condescending losers who mock athletes and who take out their napoleon complex on everyone generally do not do well.

He also hates Finebaum's guts and vice versa. The man has few friends and pays for sex.

Who's No. 1? Hopefully, neither team in Columbus on Sunday - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com

His basketball writing is a bit better than Gary Parrish, which makes it a 2 on a scale of total suck to 10 which is sports-writing that is excellent.

He is a small person both literally and metaphorically. It would be fun to fist fight him for charity, or shoot, I would enjoy doing it for free. Condescending losers who mock athletes and who take out their napoleon complex on everyone generally do not do well.

He also hates Finebaum's guts and vice versa. The man has few friends and pays for sex.

Hell, son, every man pays for sex one way or the other.

Exactly. Doyel and Staples can only dream of having their heads permanently inserted in Bruce Pearl's ass.

Can you not imagine the prestige of sharing a Hot Fudge Cake with Steve Forbes?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So you're not only defending Griff, you're using Paul Finebaum as evidence that Doyel doesn't have enough friends?

Can you not imagine the prestige of sharing a Hot Fudge Cake with Steve Forbes?

I've actually heard that Griffith and Forbes have decided to team up and engage in a series of hot dog eating contests to raise money for disadvantaged girls' softball teams. The generosity of the KNS and our basketball coaches is simply immeasurable.

I've actually heard that Griffith and Forbes have decided to team up and engage in a series of hot dog eating contests to raise money for disadvantaged girls' softball teams. The generosity of the KNS and our basketball coaches is simply immeasurable.

Fat Forbes jokes kick the crap out of Phil jokes.

I got the fat joke on Forbes. But was the weenie reference to Griff intentional?

Regardless of how you feel about Griffith, this comment by Doyel is just pathetic. Doyel acts like a middle school punk. First of all, Doyel remarks about how great Roethlisburger was on and off the field. Then blasts UofL for taking someone who assaulted a woman. Griffith pointed out the hypocrisy, and then Doyel turns around and doesn't make any comment of the actual issue but instead personally attacks Griffith. That's just pathetic. Doyel needs to grow up.

Regardless of how you feel about Griffith, this comment by Doyel is just pathetic. Doyel acts like a middle school punk. First of all, Doyel remarks about how great Roethlisburger was on and off the field. Then blasts UofL for taking someone who assaulted a woman. Griffith pointed out the hypocrisy, and then Doyel turns around and doesn't make any comment of the actual issue but instead personally attacks Griffith. That's just pathetic. Doyel needs to grow up.
Griffith got exactly what he deserves. He should stick to kissing Steve Forbes' ass and checking on softball recruiting.

VN Store

Back