Elite 8 rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made Elite EIght rings?

This is almost as embarassing as the SEC East title rings of 2003.

I doubt WE just decided "Hey, let's go get us some rings for making the Elite Eight." Traditionally teams have done it in the past. Bro, they make rings for the Music City bowl in Nashville every year. They may as well make rings for winning rivalry games.

all schools do this, btw all schools have rings for winning their division. shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

If all schools do this then more should be embarassed.

Hardwood - did UK make Elite Eight rings last year?

LG/Lawrence - did Florida make SEC East rings last year?

I really can't fathom either. I'd be shocked if they did.

you'd be surprised at how many schools do this. it's not a new trend either.

As should you.

A) You misspelled "embarrassed" despite spell checking.

B) You're bashing kids getting rings for playing sports and yet you cheer for Tony LaRussa.

Getting a ring is far less embarrassing than this...

TONY%20L

LaRussa_DUI.jpg

0322071larussa2.gif

As should you.

A) You misspelled "embarrassed" despite spell checking.

B) You're bashing kids getting rings for playing sports and yet you cheer for Tony LaRussa.

Getting a ring is far less embarrassing than this...

TONY%20L

LaRussa_DUI.jpg

0322071larussa2.gif

1. I'm don't use spell-check on this computer.

2. I'm laughing at the notion at an Elite 8 or division title being worthy enough for rings and will continue to do so.

3. I've been a Cardinals fan for much longer than TLR has been there and will be long after he is gone.

4. Because of Freak's emphasis on keeping boards civil I will refrain from posting my true thoughts about you.

trust me if you are just now finding out that teams get rings for elite 8's, final 4's and sweet 16's as well as division titles then you my friend are way behind the times.

No, they did not make elite 8 rings last year. what they did do however, was also inscribe their elite 8 appearance on their SEC Championship rings. You can see it at the top and bottom of the ring.

However, they would not have made rings specifically for the elite 8. The SEC rings gave them the opportunity to add that in there.

54c3uo.jpg

That is an excellent example to use regarding elite 8 rings---Cardinals manager arrested for DUI.
Come on. How are you missing that obvious connection? I mean it's not like someone being clueless enough to rip Oregon football for having a gimmick system while being one of the biggest lemmings for Pearl's controlled chaos stupidity. Oh, wait.

trust me if you are just now finding out that teams get rings for elite 8's, final 4's and sweet 16's as well as division titles then you my friend are way behind the times.

Sorry, I really don't follow or emphasize rewards on what I would call mid-level accomplishments. While making the Elite 8 was fun in the sense that we had never been there, it's still not ring worthy, IMO.

Final Four makes a whole lot of sense, as do conference titles. Everything else is laughable IMO, but I suppose given NCAA rules and such it should make sense and I should expect it.

The difference is that last season was the deepest of any UT team in a tradition that spans over a century. Give them a break. They deserve it.

I think they deserve the rings considering it was a major step for this program. They deserve it. Sec east rings however are ridiculous.

TigerVol did you use to have a different name?

I thought I knew the few people to laugh at most on this board including Lofton4Three (now NYYVol), LawVol etc. Ridethelightening hates my guts because I pointed out he is a classless lech who turns around and uses the 1s he gets at his job at the Mouses ear.

Somehow I think I missed your SN name change from someone I used to laugh about misusing the English language into your current name.

Gotta admit, the Kensucky ring looks pretty nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back