Chris Jones on commitment to UTK

homefry20

People were speculating the past few days here in Memphis that Jones might decommit in lieu of the NCAA investigation. He said yesterday however that he is fully committed to UTK and will only reconsider his decision if the coaching staff was fired.

Jones is a great player and hes a great scorer. Some people question his ability to distribute the ball but the type team he played on here didnt demand a lot of assists. Hes playing prep school ball this season since he is over the limit age for TSSAA high school athletes. It will be interesting to see how he develops on a new team prior to arriving in Knoxville.

Last edited:
Feel free to drop the UTK thing next time. We are just UT. Thanks for the info though.

Oh man I bet you're mad at the fact that Tennessee calls itself UTK (see anything from the official website (which is utk.edu) [and all official email addresses end with "@utk.edu"]).

Sorry, its just a habit. Im used to three letter abbv. for colleges to not get them all confused.

For some reason I doubt you refer to Texas as UTA.

You could have just said "Chris Jones on commitment to Tennessee".

I think you intentionally did it to a take jab.

Last edited:
we will now all refer to Memphis as MSU. Might get a little confusing but we can work it out

Oh man I bet you're mad at the fact that Tennessee calls itself UTK (see anything from the official website (which is utk.edu) [and all official email addresses end with "@utk.edu"]).

That's because "UT" is taken.

By Tampa...

Tennessee = UTK
Texas = UT
Memphis = UM (not "Memphis State" anymore).

These aren't my opinions, they are the official abbreviations.

If I wanted to take a jab I wouldnt hide it within an abbreviation. I just figured you might want some more security in knowing Jones was firmly planning on staying with his commitment.

The "UTK" thing is something im used to also because I work for the University of Tennessee. My former email address also has @utk.edu like a previous poster said.

Tennessee = UTK
Texas = UT
Memphis = UM (not "Memphis State" anymore).

These aren't my opinions, they are the official abbreviations.

So sorry that's incorrect. They will always be Memphis St but we also would have accepted Tiger High.

Obviously the vast majority of people, including myself, refer to it as UT. The first guy that I originally commented on was saying that the K was unnecessary and wrong.

In any case, the university uses both, and this debate is stupid now.

That's not what you said. You said "UTK" is the official abbreviation and that's not accurate. The official abbreviation is UT. Notice there is a dash in between University of Tennessee and Knoxville. It's for the simple fact to differentiate Tennessee and Texas online. Texas's website uses University of Texas at Austin. If Tennessee is UTK then I guess Texas is UTA.

The mere fact that you stated Tennessee is officially abbreviated as UTK is just not right at all. It's UT and the only time UTK is used is for their website. That's because UT is taken and it's not even taken by Texas either.

I agree it's a stupid argument but it's also stupid that you go around using words like "fact" when it's not.

So sorry that's incorrect. They will always be Memphis St but we also would have accepted Tiger High.

Haha this is my personal preference. But I seriously thought they're officially no longer Memphis State....because they're a UT school now, unless I'm just WAYYYYY off (which I could be).

That's not what you said. You said "UTK" is the official abbreviation and that's not accurate. The official abbreviation is UT. Notice there is a dash in between University of Tennessee and Knoxville. It's for the simple fact to differentiate Tennessee and Texas online. Texas's website uses University of Texas at Austin. If Tennessee is UTK then I guess Texas is UTA.

The mere fact that you stated Tennessee is officially abbreviated as UTK is just not right at all. It's UT and the only time UTK is used is for their website. That's because UT is taken and it's not even taken by Texas either.

I agree it's a stupid argument but it's also stupid that you go around using words like "fact" when it's not.

Geez dude we are cutting hairs. Forgive me for assuming there was nothing more official than utk.edu. Don't be an ass and call me stupid....no matter how wrong someone can seem (or be lol), there's no need for that redneckery. It would have been noble enough without insulting my intelligence.

VN Store

Back