Rumors of Fulmer as AD/Basketball program.

If you think things look bad for basketball at Tennessee, Fulmer would be the second coming of Doug Dickey. He could give a rat's ass about our basketball program. He would be in a perfect position to start funneling basketball money into the football program,and in my opinion, would. Lets just hope for basketball's sake it doesn't happen. At this stage, the damage would be irreparable:frown:

We do not need Fulmer as AD. He don't even think he had anything to do with the shape Tennessee football is in right now. His last 2 or 3 yrs he didn't recruit worth anything. Sabin,Meyer,Les Miles, Rict, wore him out these past years.

If you think things look bad for basketball at Tennessee, Fulmer would be the second coming of Doug Dickey. He could give a rat's ass about our basketball program. He would be in a perfect position to start funneling basketball money into the football program,and in my opinion, would. Lets just hope for basketball's sake it doesn't happen. At this stage, the damage would be irreparable:frown:

Fulmer would be one of the worst replacements for Hamilton!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm gonna have to quit coming here because all I see is talk of our former warden acending to godfather of our crime family. Can you imagine all the shennigans he allowed with the football team being applied to all of UT athletics???? What do the Foolmerites want - Al Capone himself running the athletic department?

Fulmer for AD. That would be great and most fans would like it except the few haters on this site. Are all of you haters Johnnie Majors? Sorry John, that was a joke.

Fulmer for AD. That would be great and most fans would like it except the few haters on this site. Are all of you haters Johnnie Majors? Sorry John, that was a joke.
Don't kid yourself. Hiring Fulmer would be about as beneficial as receiving the death penalty.

That would just be the finishing blow to the death of UT athletics. Bringing a guy that's partly responsible for the current disarray of the athletic department in would definitely be great.

I really think it is the other way around. I thought Fulmer was great up thru about 2001 or so. After that it was all mostly downhill. He had his day, but some people just need to get a life!

I have been a UT supporter since about 1970. I think I might just quit if that happened. Nothing personal against Fulmer. It is just a bad idea.

All fat jokes aside, if Phil doesn't drop some weight he's only got about 5-7 years to live. Add the stress of an A.D. job and it'll finish him off. Has anyone ever seen a 70 year old obese man? There's a few ladies around of that description but no old men.

I think the days of ex-coaches becoming the AD are coming to an end. There is too much money involved to have someone of Fulmer's intelligence level running a multimillion dollar corporation. I am not calling him an idiot, but its the same reason that Americans shouldn't elect a president just because they could see themselves drinking beer with the person.

Again please stop spreading these horror story rumours...

That would just be the finishing blow to the death of UT athletics. Bringing a guy that's partly responsible for the current disarray of the athletic department in would definitely be great.

And you as a rabid hater of one of the very best Vol coaches, are wrong as usual. Like most of the haters, you seem to be ruled by emotion rather than reason. The hate on this site is unreasonable and has helped unseat a loyal Vol that would have had our program in much better shape today than it is. Your expectations for Vol football considering our position for recruiting is foolish and unreasonable. The coming years could have been 8, 9 and 10 wins but now they will be 6 wins if we are lucky. I hope the team wins 8 this year, but it would surprise everyone. It will take a long while to have any chance to recover from this position where we cannot find enough adequate players to fill our scholarship quota.

Keep telling yourself you did well. Repeat a lie often enough and you can convince yourself it is the truth.

I really think it is the other way around. I thought Fulmer was great up thru about 2001 or so. After that it was all mostly downhill. He had his day, but some people just need to get a life!

I have been a UT supporter since about 1970. I think I might just quit if that happened. Nothing personal against Fulmer. It is just a bad idea.

I have been a supporter since Wyatt. You expect a coach at UT to perform like a coach at the glamor schools, only without many in-state recruits. You expect too much. I just think the man should have been given more money for staff and some time. Instead we pay a whole lot more for all the coaches since he left and we are worse off. Good deal. Smart.

And you as a rabid hater of one of the very best Vol coaches, are wrong as usual. Like most of the haters, you seem to be ruled by emotion rather than reason. The hate on this site is unreasonable and has helped unseat a loyal Vol that would have had our program in much better shape today than it is. Your expectations for Vol football considering our position for recruiting is foolish and unreasonable. The coming years could have been 8, 9 and 10 wins but now they will be 6 wins if we are lucky. I hope the team wins 8 this year, but it would surprise everyone. It will take a long while to have any chance to recover from this position where we cannot find enough adequate players to fill our scholarship quota.

Keep telling yourself you did well. Repeat a lie often enough and you can convince yourself it is the truth.

I absolutely disagree with your assessment of Fulmer. But, even if I did think he could coach, how in the Hell does that make you think he could handle being an AD? It takes a little more than being "a true Vol" to run that athletic department.

There's only 1 thing in this world that could possibly make me no longer care about UT sports. That would be hiring Phil Fulmer back at any capacity. He had his run. It's over. He needs to move on. We have.

If Fulmer ever becomes AD I would not renew my season tickets

Last edited:

VN Store

Back