Chism Cut From the Nets Summer Team

Looks like he's hoping to play with the Kings.

“This is why we set Wayne up with two different teams.”

Chism will fly to Sacramento on Friday and practice two days with the Kings with hopes of making their Las Vegas summer league team.

Sacramento will play in the Las Vegas summer league from July 12-18.

Looks like he's headed to Sacramento according to the article....he may get a chance there

Did Tyler not sign with anyone?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last I heard, it was reported he had a six figure offer to play in Europe but was still weighing his options.

Last I heard, it was reported he had a six figure offer to play in Europe but was still weighing his options.

Yes. Heard this from a "family member" Everyone and their sister claims to "know" Tsmith. Played ball with some Giles Co bois the other day, said the same. Also, my buddy saw Patrick Sparks the other day. He's killing it in Europe.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm not very knowing about this sort of thing, but isn't it a bad sign if Wayne can't make the summer league for a team that just won 12 games this past year?

I'm not very knowing about this sort of thing, but isn't it a bad sign if Wayne can't make the summer league for a team that just won 12 games this past year?
Not really. Nets took 2 post players in the draft and already have a solid starter in Lopez. I would be very very surprised if they added 3 rookie posts to their roster.

Didn't really like the idea of Wayne playing for a mediocre coach like Avery Johnson anyway. Dallas fired Johnson for not being able to get the job done and he won't last long with the Nets, either.

Last edited:
I wish the best for Wayne wherever he may end up. I still don't how he's passed up for less talented players with "more potential". Still trying to figure out how you can average 3 ppg and 3rbg and be a 1st round pick.

I wish the best for Wayne wherever he may end up. I still don't how he's passed up for less talented players with "more potential". Still trying to figure out how you can average 3 ppg and 3rbg and be a 1st round pick.

Simple my friend:

Wayne: 6'8, 230 lbs.

Orton: 6'10, 260 lbs.

Can't teach size.

I wish Chism the best. Hopefully he can make one of these teams. I really think he could be a Big Baby Glen Davis type of player for some team.

Didn't really like the idea of Wayne playing for a mediocre coach like Avery Johnson anyway. Dallas fired Johnson for not being able to get the job done and he won't last long with the Nets, either.

no matter who coaches the mavs, they always choke. johnson is a good coach. he will have them in the playoffs in 2 years.

I am glad he is coming out this way to play. Going to go and catch him play, and see how he does.

Got alot of respect for Mr. Chism.

I still think he can be an NBA contributor. Great character guy, fits into chemistry nicely, solid, can stretch the D out with the three ball. Man, I wish God make him 6'10.

VN Store

Back