Big Guy commits to Vols!

Well it looks like
5: Williams, Fields
4:Harris, Hall

I wonder if Maymon will back up Tatum, and Swiper is the 3rd option at 3/4.......meanwhile McCray redshirts or moves to the 2 behind Hopson?? pushing Pearl and McBee below the bench and out the door?

I wonder if Maymon will back up Tatum, and Swiper is the 3rd option at 3/4.......meanwhile McCray redshirts or moves to the 2 behind Hopson?? pushing Pearl and McBee below the bench and out the door?

My guess
1:Goins, Bone
2:Tatum, Golden,
3:Hopson,Mcrae
4:Harris,Hall,Swiper... Till Maymon gets there knocking swiper out.
5:Williams, Fields
:cray: So proud of that line up!!!!

My guess
1:Goins, Bone
2:Tatum, Golden,
3:Hopson,Mcrae
4:Harris,Hall,Swiper... Till Maymon gets there knocking swiper out.
5:Williams, Fields
:cray: So proud of that line up!!!!

Bone will play 2 and Golden will play 1. Hopson plays 2 and Tatum plays 3. Pearl will get on the floor before Woolridge.

this is a great situation. he helps on a position of need for next year and since he will be here one year there is no risk in giving him a scholarship.

Very good pickup by Bruce, Fields adds quality depth to the post.

The Lineup should look like this:

1. Goins, Golden
2. Hopson, Bone, McBee
3. Tatum, McRae, Wooldridge, Pearl
4. Harris, Fields, Maymon
5. Williams, Hall

he's an undersized center, but still bigger than hall. this is a solid addition.

we've got a crowded roster. i really hope that swiper improves so he can play the 3.

Swiperboy has improved since last year's RTL, fwtw.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

PG - Goins, Golden
SG - Hopson, McRae
SF - Tatum, Woolridge/Maymon (whoever earns the minutes)
PF - Harris, Hall
C - Williams, Fields

I really like the thought of McRae backing up Hopson at the two this year. His worst attribute right now is his weight, but I don't think many opposing twos could bully him down low. We now have a very big frontcourt and an experienced backcourt with two or three explosive players coming off the bench there.

Oh sorry, does this mean pearl JR. will still touch the floor while the game is going on?

You should hope so, kid hustles hard. Where the hell were you last season? Ease off of him, he's not in the game to shoot, he's there to hustle. If you want to get on the kids who do the wrong things, be my guest, but who in the hell are you to get on the ones who do it the right way?

No matter how many times Mike Griffith writes it and no matter how much Kenny Hall desires it, I have seen nothing out of Hall to convince me that he can play PF in Pearl's system. I don't know whether Fields can play it, but based on what I have seen of him, Fields looks like a very athletic traditional PF (as opposed to a Bruce Pearl, ball-handling/pass the ball PF).

Once Maymon is eligible, he and Harris are the two PFs in the rotation -- I don't see how Hall gets on the floor at that position. Williams is the Center. Hopson will probably get moved to SF where his handle issues are less problematic and his size is more useful, while Tatum starts at SG.

I suspect Hall will have his hands full battling Fields to get on the Floor behind Williams and after the New Year, Baby Pearl will be off to the pine for good. Renauldo better work on his song-writing or turn into Dennis Rodman on the glass.

VN Store

Back