Starting Lineup 2010-2011 season

utbasketballloft

after getting a bit of a look at 2 of the incoming freshman in the RTL i was wondering what everybodys thoughts on the starting 5 and rotation would look like...this is how i see it.

PG: Melvin Goins/ Trae Golden...i see Golden getting a decent amount of playing time and i think he will really impress people with his athleticism and scoring ability.

SG: Scotty Hopson/ Jordan McRae

SF: Cameron Tatum/ Jordan McRae...i think your basically going to see these 3 guys at these 2 positions. I see the 3 rotating positions throughout the game but obviously with Scotty and Cam both starting the game.

PF: Tobias Harris/ Renaldo Woolridge/ Jeronne Maymon...i see Tobias coming in and starting from day1. I'm not expecting an all-american year but definitely a productive year maybe 13ppg 7 rpg. I think Woolridge will back up Tobias to start the year and then when Maymon becomes eligible i think it could go either way Woolridge or Maymon to get minutes backing up Harris.

C: Brian Williams/ Kenny Hall...i look for Brian to really take a leadership role this year. Since the new years incident he really has played alot harder and him and melvin have had a completely different attitude. i look for good things coming from Brian in his senior season. I also expect Kenny to produce nicely as a backup and provide a good backup big man.

I see Pearl mainly using a 9 man rotation this year instead of the 10 we are used to because hopefully he will stay away from the chaotic style that required 10. I believe using a 9 man rotation and having scotty cam and jordan split time at the 2 and 3 that that is the best team we can put out on the floor. However it ends up looking i am so excited for this season to start...GO VOLS!

I could see McRae pushing for a starting spot if Hopson plays like he did this yr. I know its just the RTPL but dang McRae is a stud!

Pearl will make the rotation. Take that to the bank. Coach Pearl has talked about him being a "Senior Leader".

I could see McRae pushing for a starting spot if Hopson plays like he did this yr. I know its just the RTPL but dang McRae is a stud!

Hopson will start every game. McRae could redshirt if Woolridge somehow learns to play the 3, with McBee and Bone backing Hopson up.

Last edited:
I'd guess it'll look like this:
Goins, Golden
Hopson, McBee/Bone
Tatum, McRae
Harris, Pearl/Woolridge
Williams, Hall/Maymon

3 of those players will be cut out of the rotation.

It would be tremendous for this team if Woolridge could play the 3!

Maymon won't play center. That is the primary reason he left Marquette.

Maymon will be the backup PF, just cant see swiperboy improving all that much and/or adding the weight to play PF

Maymon will be the backup PF, just cant see swiperboy improving all that much and/or adding the weight to play PF

And he has no ball-handling or defense to play the 3. He is stuck in no-man's land.

I'd guess it'll look like this:
Goins, Golden
Hopson, McBee/Bone
Tatum, McRae
Harris, Pearl/Woolridge
Williams, Hall/Maymon

3 of those players will be cut out of the rotation.

I see something very similar. I think we potentially see Woolridge move to the three if McRae isn't ready for SEC play yet. To start the season:

PG - Goins, Golden
SG - Hopson, Bone
SF - Tatum, McRae
PF - Harris, Woolridge
C - Williams, Hall

SEC Play/Maymon eligible:

It could turn out the same if McRae proves ready but if he's not quite ready, I could see:

PG - Goins, Golden
SG - Hopson, Bone
SF - Tatum, Woolridge
PF - Harris, Maymon
C - Williams, Hall

thats how I see it. goins moves into Mazes role and golden moves into goins role last year, although golden will be in late in the game for free throw reasons. and Brian will have a big role but he wont play the minutes that chism played Hall will get some good time.

i dont see anyway mcrae redshirts. he is too talented not to play at least some part for the team

With the addition of Fields I say:

PG - Goins, Golden
SG - Hopson, McRae
SF - Tatum, Woolridge/Maymon (whoever earns the PT)
PF - Harris, Hall
C - Williams, Fields

It would be tremendous for this team if Woolridge could play the 3!

Maymon won't play center. That is the primary reason he left Marquette.

Maymon isn't good enough to dictate what position he plays. Pearl said he's been working at 4 and 5. He'll either play where he's needed or he'll be transferring again.

Fields coming makes me feel more comfortable about our 4 position.

McRae will not redshirt. Yes, he's skinny but he'll be 2nd in rotation. Maymon will not be a center. I'm waiting to see what Woolridge does, obviously a 3 or 4, but he may be ready for more minutes this year, maybe not.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Goins, Golden
Tatum, McRae
Hopson, Maymon, Woolridge
Harris, Hall
Williams, Fields

I don't know who the 12th will be. It's hard to say Pearl won't be one of the 12, but, I think McBee(maybe Bone) might be needed more. I think Goins will be good and Golden will be fine backing him up. They could both easily struggle though. McBee has been working on playing the point at times.

Goins, Golden
Tatum, McRae
Harris, Hall
Williams, Fields

I don't know who the 12th will be. It's hard to say Pearl won't be one of the 12, but, I think McBee(maybe Bone) might be needed more. I think Goins will be good and Golden will be fine backing him up. They could both easily struggle though. McBee has been working on playing the point at times.

Maymon doesn't have the skills to play 3 in this offense.

Goins, Golden
Tatum, McRae
Harris, Hall
Williams, Fields

Goins, Golden, Bone
Tatum, McRae, McBee, Bone
Hopson, Wooldridge, Tatum, McBee
Harris, Maymon, Pearl, Hall
Williams, Fields, Hall

All of the above will see some playing time. We will rotate our guards depending on the game circumstances and defensive needs.

Maymon isn't good enough to dictate what position he plays. Pearl said he's been working at 4 and 5. He'll either play where he's needed or he'll be transferring again.

Even so, I'm sure Pearl gave him some kind of assurance that he would first get the opportunity to compete at PF.

I wouldn't be shocked if Pearl plays Harris some at 3.

VN Store

Back