National Championship, not Final Four, is Vols' goal

volwarrior33

Asked Vols center Brian Williams if the Final Four was this team's goal: "No. A national championship is the goal."

Brian Williams said:
"When you're one second away from the Final Four, anything but a championship (this year) is a disappointment."

Brian Williams said:
On Incoming Freshmen: "We added the right pieces that we needed. Those boys can play."

Vols guard Skylar McBee told me he's been working on his ballhandling skills all summer in case Pearl needs him to help at PG.

Skylar McBee said:
"I hope to turn into a combo guard, because that will better my options to get on the floor."

via Wes Rucker

Let's hope they back it up on the floor because anyone can say that stuff.

This team has the potential to be great. Let's hope they make it happen.

what a bad attitude. he needs to think about the program. if he did, he would know the goal is to get 5 players drafted in the first round

I think THAT confidence, coupled with the determination and perserverance they showed post Jan1, could make for a special season. Here's to breaking down walls.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I will be happy with a Sweet 16 appearance, and Elite 8 will be great.

With a great freshman class and a lot of players returning from an elite 8 season, a sweet 16 appearance and out would be a complete failure IMO. National Championship may be a stretch but a final four is very possible!

With a great freshman class and a lot of players returning from an elite 8 season, a sweet 16 appearance and out would be a complete failure IMO. National Championship may be a stretch but a final four is very possible!

Somebody's in for a letdown.

Have we ever had 5 Vols in the NBA at once? I'd consider that draft day the greatest day in program history, bar none.

Because this team is better than last years? And I seriously doubt we get a draw like we did this year.

VN Store

Back