John Fields To Visit Thursday.

So unless he redshirted a year at ECU, it sounds like he's got 1 year of eligibility left?

if he had to redshirt at unc wilmington, i dont think we should take him. Our recruiting is on fire so I dont see the need to go after this kid. PLus arent we recruiting some 7 footer named gueye?

Can't be a good sign that he's about to attend his third different college, right?

From Mike Griffith:

Fields, a 6-foot-9, 230-pounder, can transfer and be eligible immediately because he has graduated from school and is interested in a graduate degree that UNC-Wilmington doesn't offer.

Would be a nice one year rental for this season

He'd especially be useful considering Maymon can't play til late December and we play some tough competition in the pre-season. Another post that can play the 4 or 5 would be a good addition.

Last edited:
He is doing the same sort of thing that Justin Knox is attempting to do at UNC. What Greg Paulus did at Syracuse (only in football).

He has one year to play because he played two years at ECU, transferred and redshirted, then played one year at UNC-Wilmington.

Would be a welcome addition, especially at the defensive end.

if he had to redshirt at unc wilmington, i dont think we should take him. Our recruiting is on fire so I dont see the need to go after this kid. PLus arent we recruiting some 7 footer named gueye?

Moussa Gueye, a 7-foot, 260-pound center is a 2011 recruit. Fields would be eligible this year, and this year only. Wouldn't hurt to have an extra big body this year. Do we have one scholarship left for this season?

Do we have one scholarship left for this season?

Considering we offered several big men, most notably Adrien Payne and would've accepted his committment, I believe we have one available. We lost 4 and only brought 3. This would be a good pickup since it doesn't hurt in recruiting the 2011 class whatsoever. Throw everything we've got at this guy, because there's no possible way we're worse off by taking him than if we hadn't.

By all means, if he's eligible immediately and can play, I don't see why not.

You know anything about this guy Hat?
He didn't set the world on fire at East Carolina. He did have a decent year for a team that was otherwise a dumpster fire at Wilmington. If nothing else, he's another big body for practice.

Hat are you going to the Durant and Pierce skills academy in Chicago? Impressive rosters.

In other news, the kid on the front page of zagsblog right now has one of the saddest unibrows I have ever witnessed.

our first one and done ?
If he can give 5 hard fouls a game - I'm for it.
UT needs an "attitude" in the middle

From Zagoria

Former UNCW center John Fields will decide early next week between UT, Rutgers, Miami & Xavier. At Miami now. UT Thur-Sat
Posted via VolNation Mobile

at least he is considered by a couple of decent schools. Nothing top tier but we need a big to help carry the load this year.

Vol lock. Look at his head...he's wearing a headband!
Fields-Dunk.jpg

VN Store

Back