Top 100 players for next years draft, Harris 66, Hopson 72

Reverend Rocky To

Reverend Rocky Top
Chad Ford has his top 100 players for next year's draft, and has Tobias Harris at 66, and SPotty Hopson at 72. Of course all of Kentucky's incoming freshmen are ranked high. Kanter (5), Knight (8), Jones (14), and Vanderbilt SF Jeff Taylor at 15?! I guess I missed the Jeff Taylor show last year... Shouldn't T. Harris be higher?

I was going through the list yesterday expecting T. Harris to be at least top 40.....I don't get it....I don't even know why Hopson is in the top 100(being slightly sarcastic)

I think people expecting Tobias to be a lottery pick are going to be disappointed. He would be undersized as a 4 and he's probly not athletic enough to be a 3.

Last edited:
I think expecting Tobias to be a lottery pick are going to be disappointed. He would be undersized as a 4 and he's probly not athletic enough to be a 3.

He might be a tweener in the NBA but he can play both positions in college

Jeff Taylor will probably have a better pro career than three of the UK players taken in the draft this year.

Chad Ford has his top 100 players for next year's draft, and has Tobias Harris at 66, and SPotty Hopson at 72. Of course all of Kentucky's incoming freshmen are ranked high. Kanter (5), Knight (8), Jones (14), and Vanderbilt SF Jeff Taylor at 15?! I guess I missed the Jeff Taylor show last year... Shouldn't T. Harris be higher?

Yea - Rivals supposedly ranks based on pro potential, if I'm not mistaken, and has Tobias over Jones so that doesn't make much sense to me.

I hate to be one for crazy theories, but this has the smell of Kensucky bias. Knight at eight is high IMO as well. Vanderbilt's Jeff Taylor is not too high at 15 though.

Major credibility hit for Ford. Tobias Harris is a great prospect and will likely be freshman of the year in the SEC. Before he injured his foot he was the best player in the McDonald's AA game and it wasn't really close. He'd be a first round pick if he came out after one year. The kid has the size and skill set of a big NBA small forward right now.

Hopson will get drafted in the 2nd round based on athleticism alone (similar to Terrico White).

These lists fluctuate all year. His best example this year was Willie Warren. He started the year in the top 10 and barely got drafted. Most of his info that compiles the list all year comes from not only himself, but the pipeline of information he has access to in most of the NBA teams' scouting departments.

I have it in my head that Harris may be a two and done. I hope that is the case in a lot of ways. Pearl did a lot by taking us to the Elite Eight last year. That will help with recruiting. But, the bigger hurdle will be showing that he can produce some NBA talent. He doesn't need to be able to put out 5 1st round picks like Calipari, but he does need a few names to throw out there against negative recruiting.

Harris may not be a one and done but IMO its because he doesn't want to be, not because he can't. He'd rather stay in school for two years and come close to a degree and enjoy himself than rush off to the NBA. If he came out after one year he'd probably be at least a least a lottery pick.

Two years isn't really that close to a degree. He can enjoy himself plenty in the league. I think that he will need the time to find his niche against collegiate talent and prove he can play in the league. If he does that in a year, then I say go for it....I don't expect it to happen until after two.

Two years isn't really that close to a degree. He can enjoy himself plenty in the league. I think that he will need the time to find his niche against collegiate talent and prove he can play in the league. If he does that in a year, then I say go for it....I don't expect it to happen until after two.

Maybe - but the NBA still loves the word potential and I think they will see it in Tobias after one year even if he's not an all-American his freshman year.

These lists are all over the place throughout the year and it is very early. I would expect if Tobias does well he'll climb up the list. He's a good talent for sure but I think a few people are maybe hyping him up a little more than they should.

VN Store

Back