Is Chism better than Gordon Hayward

VOLFREAK11

Gordon Hayward selected 9th overall. I was just wanting to see everyones opinion, try not to be biased. I personally believe Chism is better than Hayward but that must be why im not a GM in the NBA.

I don't think there is as big of a gap between the talent level as some would think.

I dont know the numbers,but I would say Gordon Hayward is the better baller. He has a great shot.

The talent gap isn't huge. Haywards BB-IQ might be higher. Waynes heart is bigger tho.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm also a Chism fan, but Hayward is a much better shooter, has a better handle and at 6'8" his perimeter game is a better fit for the NBA than Chism who, IMO, is an undersized PF who wants to play outside. Not a good combination when looking for an NBA paycheck. Europe bound I suspect.

Hayward in a landslide. He took a mid Major to a title game for goodness sake. Chism We love him but he has shot us out of as many games as he has shot us in. Chism is a better post defender but Haywards offensive skillset is superior and the NBA is an offensive league.

NBA championships are about defense. Weezy is a far superior defender. I think Wayne is a better prospect IMO. Also his offense could be polished given time. Hayward probably does have a higher IQ however that clearly isn't a top priority since one and dones are picked early. I have a hard time believing John wall has a higher IQ than seniors.

Hayward in a landslide. He took a mid Major to a title game for goodness sake. Chism We love him but he has shot us out of as many games as he has shot us in. Chism is a better post defender but Haywards offensive skillset is superior and the NBA is an offensive league.
Please compeition in Cbb is terrible because of the one year rule. And the NBA is not offense in the post season. Hayward won't be a factor of any sort on a championship contender

NBA championships are about defense. Weezy is a far superior defender. I think Wayne is a better prospect IMO. Also his offense could be polished given time. Hayward probably does have a higher IQ however that clearly isn't a top priority since one and dones are picked early. I have a hard time believing John wall has a higher IQ than seniors.

So where do you play Chism at the NBA level to take advantage of his defense? He's undersized for the 4 in the NBA. Do you put him at the 3? He simply doesn't have the quicks to play there. They'll eat him alive. If he'd have focused and really dedicated himself to development of a really good post game, he could have had a shot. Instead, he fell in love with the 3 ball and never did develop that consistency down low. He's a bit of a tweener with a skill set not really conducive to any particular position on the floor. Again, love the kid and will miss seeing him in orange, but where does he fit in the NBA? No offense intended.

Cav, you make solid points about him not being ideal for any particular position. I still think if a Matt Bonner can make it, Weezy can. He needs the right system to be utilized, but imo, he COULD be productive. Not an All*, but a 12-18 mins guy.

So where do you play Chism at the NBA level to take advantage of his defense? He's undersized for the 4 in the NBA. Do you put him at the 3? He simply doesn't have the quicks to play there. They'll eat him alive. If he'd have focused and really dedicated himself to development of a really good post game, he could have had a shot. Instead, he fell in love with the 3 ball and never did develop that consistency down low. He's a bit of a tweener with a skill set not really conducive to any particular position on the floor. Again, love the kid and will miss seeing him in orange, but where does he fit in the NBA? No offense intended.
you assume he is a starter within a year. While he develops that offense he can come in as a backup PF. Rasheed Wallace isn't incredible offensively nor is Lamar odom. His defense and heart equal to a Rasheed Wallace or a matt barnes. Hayward is no d and all O. Ask JJ redick how it turned out. Obviously Hayward isn't half of what JJ was offensively. Everyone always talks about offense and most teams don't look for 25-30 points from their 4 spot every game. I'll take him on my Orlando magic and patrick "chewing" will get him ready :)

Backup 4s won't eat him alive. He should be a 3 by the end of his career but work on his quickness and in a few years be a clear solid player for the 3. IMHO.

Chism's Off game isn't in the same solar system as L Odoms. That being said, I wasn't familiar with Odom out of school, so idk how much he's improved.

Chism will never develop the athleticism and quickness do play the 3 in the NBA.

Yeah ok. You know nothing. If glen Davis can contribute in the NBA then chism def can. Because even Paul pierce is quick like rondo or jameer. Rahard Lewis is should play the three and he is not that "quick".

Chism's Off game isn't in the same solar system as L Odoms. That being said, I wasn't familiar with Odom out of school, so idk how much he's improved.
A lot. Chism reminds me of an odom from draft day. Odom was better but the again he had a chance to be an elite player in the NBA and chose to eat snickers instead of develop his game. That being said if chism goes to the right place he could end up very solid.

Yeah ok. You know nothing. If glen Davis can contribute in the NBA then chism def can. Because even Paul pierce is quick like rondo or jameer. Rahard Lewis is should play the three and he is not that "quick".

I know nothing? Lol.

First of all - how does Big Baby Davis relate to Chism? Does he play the 3? Davis also was a much better college player if you look at his stats.

Paul Pierce and Rashard Lewis still dominate Chism in terms of athleticism and quickness. Chism has no business playing anything but the 4 - and he's undersized there.

VN Store

Back