There is a good chance Tobias MIGHT stay 2 years or maybe longer

Now if Pearl can get Parker, Poythress and Thomas to go with an elite Selby type point guard, look out!

Mega career failure if Tobias Harris is at Tennessee more than one year. This will be used against Pearl in recruiting if it happens. Can't put guys in the pros.

Not true. Blake Griffin stayed two years and was the number one pick in the draft. Had he come out as a freshman, he would have been lucky to be top 10.

Unless things have changed, Tyler Harris has made it clear that he plans to blaze his own trail and will most likely not follow in his brother's footsteps.

Mega career failure if Tobias Harris is at Tennessee more than one year. This will be used against Pearl in recruiting if it happens. Can't put guys in the pros.

Starting to think you're not even a Tennessee fan.

Memphis?

Alright, nevermind, he is ranked as a consensus top-8 player for no reason.

Forget the fact that that 6 of the top 8 from the 2009 class are in the draft, 5 out of the top 8 from 2008 went one-and-done and 6 out of the top 8 from 2007 spent just one year in college.

Tobias and his father have stated multiple times that Tobias will not be one and done. I'd suggest you know what you're talking about before you shoot your mouth off.

Tobias and his father have stated multiple times that Tobias will not be one and done. I'd suggest you know what you're talking about before you shoot your mouth off.

You sound like you are straight off of CatsPause. They ALL say they are going to be in college more than a year -- Wall, Cousins, all of them.

If Tobias has a good year, he will be gone. And that's GOOD for Tennessee.

I don't know how many times I have to post this before it gets through to you people. I will try the list form this time and see if it sticks.

The main reasons why Tobias Harris will stay more than one year:

1. He and his father have stated many times throughout his recruitment that he will be looking to stay on 2 years or longer for education purposes (remember the whole STUDENT-athlete thing).

2. He may not get a desirable draft grade after his freshman year. Some of these kids won't go unless they know for sure they are a top 10 pick (a la Blake Griffin). Who knows? There may be a ton of Euros that grade higher at the same positon.

3. Here's the most important one. The NBA and its players' union are going to get into a messy negotiation over the next CBA that will take effect for the 2011-2012 season (Tobias' first year eligible for the draft). Due to many financial matters, the league and its players will probably not come to terms and the entire NBA season will be looking at a lockout or strike. No NBA = 2nd year of Harris at UT.

Thank you. You Fail.

You sound like you are straight off of CatsPause. They ALL say they are going to be in college more than a year -- Wall, Cousins, all of them.

No, they don't.

if he stays 2 years and then goes pro as a top 3 pick, That's even better for Tennessee.

I don't know how many times I have to post this before it gets through to you people. I will try the list form this time and see if it sticks.

The main reasons why Tobias Harris will stay more than one year:

1. He and his father have stated many times throughout his recruitment that he will be looking to stay on 2 years or longer for education purposes (remember the whole STUDENT-athlete thing).

2. He may not get a desirable draft grade after his freshman year. Some of these kids won't go unless they know for sure they are a top 10 pick (a la Blake Griffin). Who knows? There may be a ton of Euros that grade higher at the same positon.

3. Here's the most important one. The NBA and its players' union are going to get into a messy negotiation over the next CBA that will take effect for the 2011-2012 season (Tobias' first year eligible for the draft). Due to many financial matters, the league and its players will probably not come to terms and the entire NBA season will be looking at a lockout or strike. No NBA = 2nd year of Harris at UT.

Thank you. You Fail.

Did not know that part.

Thank you. You Fail.

Indeed, that is the hopes of many rabid UK fans, that the lockout (which at this point, seems inevitable) will prevent a mass exodus of first year players to the NBA.

As young John McEnroe used to scream....YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!

Indeed, that is the hopes of many rabid UK fans, that the lockout (which at this point, seems inevitable) will prevent a mass exodus of first year players to the NBA.

With they type of players that coach squid recruits that is probably your alls best bet at a title run. Keeping those players around for two years will be nothing but great things for UK.

Would not be the least surprised if he bolted after next season no matter what he and his father say now..

VN Store

Back